How to Stay Safe and Support Downtown Frederick Businesses
The safety of Downtown Frederick’s residents, workers and visitors is of the utmost importance to Downtown Frederick Partnership. We want you to know that we are monitoring all recommendations and updates from government officials surrounding COVID-19 and we will inform our stakeholders of relevant changes. The first priority for everyone is to take appropriate steps to limit the spread of COVID-19 and ensure our entire community remains healthy.
For a list of Downtown Frederick Partnership’s spring events impacted by COVID-19, visit downtownfrederick.org/blog. For a list of resources that are available to small businesses located in Downtown Frederick, visit downtownfrederick.org/resources.
Open for Business in Downtown Frederick
During this time of adjustments in social events, work schedules and travel, we encourage you to remember our many small businesses in Downtown Frederick and throughout our community and to continue supporting them even if you cannot visit them physically. Many Downtown Frederick restaurants, retailers and businesses are open, and are taking extra steps to ensure their spaces are clean and safe for customers. Follow guidance from public health officials regarding social distancing and proper health etiquette if and when visiting businesses and public spaces. Check the listings below to see which Downtown Frederick businesses are open.
Expanded Outdoor Dining:
- The City of Frederick is implementing new initiatives to safely increase outdoor dining options for restaurants, breweries, distilleries and other food establishments. These changes are anticipated to remain in place through October 31. Visit cityoffrederickmd.gov/popupdining for more information.
- Beginning on June 11, Market Street (between Patrick Street & Market Space) will be closed to traffic and open for outdoor dining and pedestrian use from 11AM-10PM each Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Cross streets will remain open.
- Restaurants throughout Downtown Frederick are also able to apply for temporary permits to expand their outdoor dining areas into parking spaces (parklets), sidewalks, City parks and alleys, and private property.
Parking in Downtown Frederick:
- Curbside Pickup Zones will continue in designated areas throughout downtown, allowing for limited free parking so customers can quickly park and pick up orders from nearby retailers and restaurants. Curbside Zones are located along Market Street and Patrick Street, as well as South, Church, 2nd & 3rd Streets. View a map of zone locations here.
- Customers may park in the marked on-street meter Curbside Pickup Zones for 10 minutes, or in public parking garages for up to 30 minutes at no cost.
Daytime meter enforcement will begin issuing courtesy tickets on June 17 and normal ticket enforcement will resume on July 1.
- Public restrooms in the Church Street (17 E Church St) and Carroll Creek (44 E Patrick St) Public Parking Garages are open daily from 9AM-10PM and cleaned regularly by the City of Frederick following all relevant guidelines.
First and foremost, prioritize and take all health and safety precautions for yourself and others. Our community health as a whole depends on working together, and our small businesses are the lifeblood of the Downtown Frederick economy. We want to make sure they continue to stay successful while maintaining appropriate public health safety measures.
The lists below are being updated on an ongoing basis. We are working with our downtown businesses to provide you with the most up-to-date information possible. Check back often. Click on each category description to expand the list below.