The Academy for the Fine Arts Presents: A Walk of Art: The Five Elements
A collaborative exhibit created by students from the AFA Art, Dance, Music, and Theatre focus areas. Each exhibit will revolve around one of these elements: Air, Water, Wood, Fire, Metal. Exhibits will be presented every 35 minutes based on the schedule below. Audience members will rotate through each location in order to view the showcase in its entirety. Recommended routes are on the map linked here.
Exhibits will run at the following times. Audience members walk to each location in order to see each presentation. Location details are below. Audience members may begin at ANY location!
$5 Donation recommended. Cash and check accepted at each location. Credit will be accepted at at least one location.
The Academy (AFA) for the Fine Arts at Governor Thomas Johnson High School offers Frederick County high school students in grades 10 -12, with an interest in the arts, the opportunity to take exceptional classes in music, theatre, dance and visual art. AFA courses are only offered at Governor Thomas Johnson High School during the first two instructional blocks daily. Any student planning to enroll in the AFA at Governor Thomas Johnson High School may remain enrolled at his/her home school for academic courses or may apply for Out of District to attend GTJHS.
- Delaplaine Arts Center, 40 S Carroll St
- Go up to 3rd floor Art Studio
- Serendipity Market & More, 14 E Patrick St
- Go to art gallery up the stairs in the rear of store
- All Saints Episcopal Church, 106 W Church St
- Use Garden Entrance
- 20 W Second St
- Use main entrance from street; Free samples courtesy of Oscar’s Ale House
- Brewer’s Alley, 124 N Market St
- Go upstairs to banquet room