Celebrate Asian & Pacific American Heritage Month with the Asian American Center of Frederick. Featuring live performances and a Night Market along Carroll Creek in Downtown Frederick, Maryland.
With Appearances By:
- Jayamangala: Performing Bharatanatyam, an Indian Classical art form originating in ancient temples of South India, which uses rhythmic footwork, facial expressions, and exquisite hand gestures to tell stories of Hindu gods and goddesses.
- CCACC Guzheng Club: Performing guzheng music using traditional instruments.
- Zhong Sheng Dance Group: Chinese traditional and folk dance from different Chinese ethnic groups, including Tibetan, Mongolian, Dai, Miao, Yi, Yang Ge, Fan, Ribbon, Uygur folk dance and Chinese Classical dance.
- Mask Dance by Spotlight Studio: Performing a modern fusion dance derived from the traditional Balinese mask dance infused with movement from the Jaipong dance from East Java.
- TelGU: Meeting of Telegu language speaking families to preserve the culture and heritage of Telugu people.
- Han Pan Korean American Cultural Center: Korean Traditional Drum Quartet, famously known as Samul nori.
- Cambodian Buddhist Society Culture Group: Dance artists and musicians who develop, choreograph, and compose new dances and songs of Cambodian Buddhist culture.
- Jingying Institute: Collects, preserves and shares the philosophy, techniques, and traditions of Tian Shan Pai Gong Fu and Chen Shi Tai Ji Quan, promoting Chinese culture. Programs include Lion Dance, calligraphy, Chinese language, Kung Fu & Tai Chi.
- Washington Guzheng Society: Preserving traditional Chinese culture through Guzheng music.
- Burmese Marionette: Traditional Burmese marionette puppet performance.
- Thingyan Festival: Thingyan is the name of the Burmese New Year festival that falls around the second week of April, hottest month of the year in Myanmar. It is celebrated by splashing water on one another to signify the cleansing of sins from the previous year and bring blessings and good wishes. Including entertainment with dances and songs.
- Joy Arts Club: Performing dance styles that vary from traditional Chinese folk dance to lyrical worship dances.