Foundations of Aromatherapy: Level One Certificate Program course has been designed for individuals interested in advancing their journey into aromatherapy by becoming certified. This course provides you with a solid foundation in aromatherapy so that you can begin or add to your practice, build your business, or simply be empowered to care for yourself and your family using the beauty of plant-derived essential oils and other botanicals.
This Level One Certificate Program meets and exceeds level one educational standards set forth by the National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy. Upon completion of this course, you may join NAHA as a Certified Aromatherapist: Level 1.
A transformative learning experience, our Foundations program was created for anyone interested in a meaningful exploration of aromatherapy and essential oils. Estheticians, yoga teachers, health practitioners, beauty entrepreneurs, massage therapists, psychotherapists and more—all are welcome. The program is interactive, comprehensive and lively—a guided journey into an intricate,
Who is this course for?
Everyone! This course is your doorway into the world of aromatherapy. The Aromatherapy Entrepreneur who would like to develop or expand their existing business. Massage Therapists and Estheticians who would like to add aromatherapy into their practice. Individuals who would like to be empowered to care for themselves, their family and friends with natural plant-based remedies. Herbalists interested in integrating essential oils into their herbal practice and formulations. Brand wellness advocates and representatives who would like to deepen their knowledge while selling a line of essential oils.
What you will learn:
– The incredible history of aromatherapy and its modern development.
– The origins and purpose of essential oils within the plant
– What an essential oil is and how it is produced.
– How to ‘smell’ an essential oil and….key elements to identifying quality of an essential oil.
– Learn about the amazing sense of smell and how it can transform emotions and well-being.
– How to formulate and blend to support emotional well-being.
– How the chemistry of an essential oil supports its therapeutic properties.
– A common-sense approach to safety with essential oils.
– The basics of anatomy and physiology of the skin and key factors which support the skin’s health and beauty.
– How to formulate a variety of aromatic and herbal products.
– How to make a variety of aromatherapy-based skin care products that nourish the skin.
– 24 essential oils, including Latin binomial, safety information for each oil, plus the therapeutic and/or energetic properties of each individual essential oil.
– Essential Oil Monographs: Roman Chamomile, Clary sage, Cypress, Eucalyptus globulus, Fennel, Frankincense, Geranium, Ginger, Grapefruit, Helichrysum, Juniper berry, Laurel, Bay, Lavender, Lemon, Lemongrass, Mandarin / Tangerine, Sweet Orange, Patchouli, Peppermint, Pine, Scots, Rosemary, Tea Tree, Vetiver, and Ylang Ylang
August 26-30, 9:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
$1,500 (a deposit of $500 is required at signup)
Curriculum: The New York Institute of Aromatic Studies Foundations of Aromatherapy