First Saturday means all day activities, late-night shopping and dining, live music on the street, and a free trolley to guide your way! During May First Saturday, celebrate the arrival of spring with downtown’s Mayfest celebration.
Whether you’ve lived here for years, or you’re a first time visitor, First Saturdays are a great time to discover something new about Downtown Frederick.
PARKING & TRAVEL
Looking for a place to stay? Check out downtown accommodations here. You can also find many great places to stay located outside of Downtown Frederick. Visit the Tourism Council of Frederick County’s website for a full list of hotels, bed & breakfasts, vacation rentals, cabins and camping.
LIVE MUSIC + ENTERTAINMENT
Enjoy all-day live music at throughout downtown. Check back closer to the event for a complete list of performers.
Each month, find artists painting live scenes inspired by Downtown Frederick. Paintings will be on display & available for sale during our First Saturday Art Show in August 2019!
MAYFEST CHALK CONTEST
From 10am-12pm artists will be filling the sidewalks with beautiful chalk drawings! Come early to see the artists in action, or check out their artwork all day long as you explore downtown. Judging of artwork will take place from 12-2pm.
YOU DON’T WANT TO MISS…
Celebrate the arrival of spring with these fun Mayfest-inspired activities throughout Downtown Frederick.
- Colorful balloons and umbrellas fill downtown all day!
- Get your shopping done early this year using our handy guide to Mother’s Day Gifts in Downtown Frederick!
- Get in the spirit of Cinco de Mayo with our margarita round-up from downtown restaurants.
- Explore downtown with Surelocked In Escape Games’ First Saturday Scavenger Hunt! Get a Clue Sheet at 5 N Market St between 12-8pm. Free & fun for all ages!
- Hop aboard the FREE TROLLEY, which makes its loop through Downtown Frederick from 3-9pm.
While you’re here, take advantage of the free trolley! The trolley runs every 15 minutes from 3pm – 9pm and has five convenient stops throughout downtown. It’s completely free! Just hop on and ride. Download a trolley route map here.
- Little Pottery Shop | 117 N East St
- Delaplaine Arts Center | 40 S Carroll St
- Patrick Street Stop | 33 E Patrick St
- Brewer’s Alley | 124 N Market St
- Bravura Arts and Framing | 428 N Market St