Canine and Feline CPR and First Aid Certification Class
Fundraiser for Frederick Friends of Our County Animal Shelter
$69.95 Registration fee Includes: 2 CPR certification wallet cards, An official certificate, a 2 year subscription to our online Animal Emergency Resource Center, your choice of the 88 page full color, interactive reference guide as an Ebook (View Only/Cannot be Printed) or an e-book plus a printed copy of the reference guide (additional $24.95), businesses, organizations and groups may request a professional, frameable certificate and window decal, to hang in their place of business to promote that their staff/members are certified.
Our program is based on the most current method of animal CPR called the RECOVER Initiative which was developed by emergency veterinarians. This class is designed to teach the participant how to administer emergency CPR and first aid to an animal until veterinary care is ascertained.
*This class will certify the participant in Canine and Feline CPR and First Aid*.
The skills and topics covered in this class include:
- Safety techniques when working with sick and/or injured animals
- How to perform emergency triage and assess if an animal is experiencing a life threatening medical emergency
- How to restrain and properly transport sick and/or injured animals
- How to provide emergency first aid to dogs and cats en-route to veterinary care
- How to take vital signs (temperature, pulse, respiration, CRT) and determine normal vs abnormal readings
- Learn about the importance of the pet first aid kit and how to use the materials in it during an emergency
- How to manage and provide first aid for many common medical emergencies such as severe wounds, poisoning, burns, choking and more
- How to performing the most current industry standard method of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation on dogs and cats (Participants will receive a PetCPR+ Certification valid for 2 years)
*Approved to award 3 CEU to veterinary professionals, 3.5 CEU to CCPDT dog trainers and 3 CEU to members of IAABC, NADOI, IACP and Pet Sitters International*