Fostering a Queer Space for Queer Art.
As part of Frederick Pride 2022, The Frederick Center is collaborating with Olde Mother Brewing to provide a queer space for queer art. Register to share your poem, story, music, or other spoken or singing creation. We will also have a screen and projector on hand if you want to share a video or other visual project. There is a spot in the registration form to indicate the type of performance you plan to share.
Here are the rules:
- There is no cost cost participate.
- There is no age limit. Performers can be any age.
- Individuals or groups can register.
- Supplied technology is a single microphone and speaker and a single screen and projector. We cannot supply additional technology.
- If you need music played as part of your performance, you must bring the music, a means to play / amplify the music (e.g., boom box, etc.), and set this up.
- Performers must register to perform. Walk-in performances will not be allowed.
- Each performance time is limited to 5 minutes. When you register, you agree to this format / duration.
The event’s Emcee will create a program sequencing artists to coordinate performances during the event. The Emcee will control this process and may or may not change the order of performances based on what else is taking place that evening.
This is a very exciting addition to Frederick’s arts community. Register and share your gifts with the broader queer and ally community!