About the Partnership
Downtown Frederick Partnership is a small nonprofit that works hard to enhance, promote and preserve the vitality and livability of Downtown Frederick. We implement the Main Street Program in Downtown Frederick. The guiding principles of this program – community driven, asset based, incremental steps to a larger goal, comprehensive (events, policy work, business support, marketing and more) and collaborative (both within the organization and with many, many community partners) – are how we structure our work. Our work is dynamic, reflecting the constant changes in a downtown environment, and focused on implementation. We seek to have Downtown Frederick be a place of welcome for everyone. With a team of four supported by many volunteers, the work is very hands-on. To learn more about the Partnership as an organization, go to downtownfrederick.org/about-usDownload Full Job Description Here
The Promotion & Events Manager position is responsible for organizing and implementing Partnership events as well as outreaching to the Downtown Frederick merchant community.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Be knowledgeable about the Four-Point Main Street approach to economic revitalization
- Serve as the key staff person for planning and implementing First Saturday, Alive @ Five, Mayfest, Frosty Friday, Movie Night on Carroll Creek and Halloween in Downtown Frederick. Coordination with the downtown community is critical to event success.
- Create and implement new events and programming initiatives on an as needed basis to support Partnership goals, the annual action plan and the Downtown Frederick Partnership Strategic Plan.
- Work closely with the merchant community, serving as a liaison between the Partnership and the downtown merchants. Regularly seek feedback and provide information on Partnership initiatives.
- Work collaboratively with other Partnership staff to ensure the highest quality end product including working together on event planning and implementation as well as media outreach.
- Maintain and develop the Partnership brand at events and online including managing the Partnership’s social media outlets for all event-related material (primarily Facebook, Twitter and Instagram), creating regular blog content including seeking guest bloggers, writing, editing and issuing press releases (event related) on behalf of the Partnership, creating and seeking content for monthly email blasts (merchant and Partnership events), designing monthly graphics and press packages to help merchants and partners promote Partnership events
- Recruit and manage Event Interns.
- Recruit and manage event volunteers. Maintain communication and manage training opportunities on a regular basis.
- Work closely with business owners, city officials, city/county staff, nonprofit partners and other coordinating agencies to create and achieve the Promotion Committee Action Plan and Downtown Frederick Partnership Strategic Plan goals.
- All other duties as needed to ensure a high quality promotion presence in the community.
- Should have a great attitude, an eye for detail, the ability to multi-task, strong writing and excellent communication skills.
- Should be a self-starter, problem-solver, entrepreneurial, well-organized, work well with others and have a can-do attitude.
- Should be comfortable managing budgets.
- Bachelors in Business, Marketing or closely related field is required.
- Main Street experience is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal skills are critical. Public speaking skills are a plus.
- Must have general computer skills with a proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Graphic design, html and/or email list experience is a plus.
- Must be proficient in using a variety of social media platforms.
- Must have a customer friendly attitude and enjoy interacting with people on a regular basis.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Must be a team player.
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends.
Benefits are available including health insurance, long-term and short-term disability and retirement. The Partnership offers an excellent working environment with a flexible approach due to our need for non-traditional work hours.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants may submit a resume and a cover letter including your perspective on the role of promotional events in downtown revitalization and your salary requirements to wleatherman@FrederickCountyMD.gov with the subject line Promotion and Events Manager. Frederick County Workforce Services is assisting the Partnership in processing job applications. No phone calls/emails to the Partnership directly please.
The interview process will be held in a covid-19 appropriate manner. At this time, the plan is to hold all interviews virtually. If any in-person communication is planned, social distancing will be maintained and masks will be required.
Operationally, the Partnership currently has one staff person physically in the office for one week at a time which rotates through all four staff. The remainder of the staff works virtually. The number of staff in the office will continue to be evaluated based on Frederick County health statistics and overall health guidance.
Responses requested by Monday, February 15th no later than 5PM.