The Summer Events Intern will provide support for Partnership staff during the Alive @ Five outdoor happy hour series (5-8PM every Thursday), Movie Night on the Creek (third Fridays), First Saturdays (first Saturday of every month), and other Partnership events.
Total internship duration is 12-weeks. Successful applicants must be able to commit 30+ hours per week for a 12-week period between May 1, 2019 and August 31, 2019. Start date can be flexible, but must be on or before June 3, 2019. Download complete description here.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Must be willing to work 30+ hours per week, a significant portion of which will take place during evenings and weekends. Successful applicants will be expected to provide on-site support during a minimum of 10 Alive @ Five events, 2 First Saturdays, and 2 Movie Nights.
- Serve as support for the Promotion and Events Manager, as well as other Partnership staff, helping to plan and execute Partnership events. Events include (but are not limited to) Alive @ Five, Movie Night on the Creek, First Saturday and Merchant Mixers.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and be comfortable working with the public, event vendors and the downtown merchant community.
- Must be comfortable using computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Publisher, Excel, Google, and social media platforms to create event brochures, flyers, press releases, etc.
- Duties will include: General administrative work; Event setup and teardown; Ticket taking; Deliveries and errands throughout Downtown Frederick and surrounding area
- Due to Alive @ Five being a 21+ event, all applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the start of their internship.
- Should have a great attitude, an eye for detail, the ability to multi-task, strong writing and excellent communication skills.
- Should be a self-starter, problem-solver, entrepreneurial, well-organized, work well with others and have a positive attitude.
- During events, must be comfortable working every aspect of the event, from setting up tables and supplies, to answering inquiries from the public, and cleaning up at the end of the night.
- Excellent written and verbal skills are critical.
- Must have general computer skills with a proficiency in Word, Excel and Publisher.
- Must have a customer friendly attitude and enjoy interacting with people on a regular basis.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Must be a team player.
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends.
The successful applicant will receive a total stipend of $2,000. Stipend will be paid in four payments over the course of the 12-week internship.
Qualified applicants may submit a resume and a cover letter to Leeann Dickerson (firstname.lastname@example.org). No phone calls please. Responses requested by Friday, March 8, 2019 at 5PM.