The Frederick County Chamber of Commerce is a 501 C (6) not-for-profit organization that serves as the voice of business and provides strategic leadership and engagement in building the future of business in the Frederick county community.
The Marketing & Communication Specialist serves as an integral part of the Chamber’s communication team and reports directly to the Vice President of Marketing and Communications. See the full job listing at frederickchamber.org.
Primary Duties / Areas of Responsibility
The Marketing & Communications Specialist works in collaboration with the Vice President to achieve the highest levels of communication excellence with efforts targeted to Chamber members, community partners, media outlets and the public at large. This individual will regularly interact with staff, leadership, volunteers, and members, and be an integral part of a busy nonprofit team. A high level of professionalism, ethics, and sound judgment is critical to success in this position.
As part of the communication team, the candidate will be expected to:
- Assist in the execution of the strategic marketing plan for the Frederick County Chamber of Commerce.
- Assist in the development of the editorial calendar for Frederick County Chamber of Commerce social media channels and blog topics.
- Assist in the development of marketing campaigns, press releases, infographics, special projects, and newsletters.
- Assist in the brainstorming, development and writing of content for Frederick Chamber Insights.
- Manage weekly email communications to members.
- Maintain day-to-day operations of the Chamber’s social media profiles, including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter. Stay up to date with latest social media best practices and technologies.
- Monitor user engagement and suggest content optimization for improved social media and email marketing outcomes.
- Maintain currency and accuracy of Chamber websites: FrederickChamber.org / FrederickChamberInsights.com.
- Support media relations tasks.
- Collaborate with Chamber staff and volunteers to brainstorm and execute opportunities for promotion.
- Prepare for and participate in physical and virtual events with members and community partners.
This list of duties/responsibilities is not intended to be comprehensive. The candidate is anticipated to have additional duties as assigned with occasional weekend and evening commitments.
- Bachelors degree in marketing, communications, journalism, public relations, or a related field.
- A minimum of two years experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Content writing experience on digital media platforms. (Blog, social media, marketing pieces) Work samples must be provided.
- Proven social media and networking expertise in Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Familiarity with Canva and email marketing platforms.
- Understanding of SEO and web traffic metrics.
- Computer literate with capability in email, MS Office and related business and communication tools.
- Strategic and creative mindset.
- Energetic spirit and positive attitude.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance (80/20)
- 11 paid holidays
- 401(k) with employer contribution
- 15 days PTO
- Life Insurance & LT/ST Disability
- Monthly stipend for mobile phone usage
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Monthly garage parking pass
The Marketing & Communication Specialist position is full time and primarily office-based, with opportunities for remote work. Physical demands: primarily sedentary/office work.
The Frederick County Chamber of Commerce is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates please send resume, work samples and salary range expectations to Wesley Leatherman – Business Service Consultant, Workforce Services via wleatherman@FrederickCountyMD.gov.