JoJo’s Restaurant & Tap House is accepting applications for the position of Line Cook. The ideal candidates will have at least 2 years of verifiable full kitchen experience in a high volume, scratch kitchen on all stations. Must be able to work restaurant hours and be available on both Saturdays and Sundays. Starting pay is based on experience and knowledge.
We are looking for a professional Line Cook to prepare food to the Chef’s exact specifications and to set up stations for menu. Line Cook duties will consist of assisting the executive and sous chef with their daily tasks. The successful candidate will play a key role in contributing to our customer satisfaction and acquisition goals.
- Set up and stock stations with all necessary supplies
- Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
- Answer, report, and follow executive or sous chef’s instructions
- Clean up station/kitchen and take care of leftover food
- Stock inventory appropriately
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Proven cooking experience, including experience as a Line Chef or Restaurant Cook
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Familiar with industry’s best practices