The Professional Services Consultant for the Integration team requires a well-rounded individual to consult, implement and manage a wide variety of solutions. It is largely based on working independently at client sites; therefore, excellent interpersonal communication and time/project management skills are critical for customer satisfaction, as well as individual and the organization’s success. Learn more about the position here.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
- Travel to client sites in the DC-VA-MD metro area to provide technical project consulting and comprehensive IT support for a variety of clients (small businesses, non-profits, government agencies).
- Consult with end users and manage back-end systems.
- Plan, execute and deploy computer, server and cloud solutions.
- Implement network and printer reconfigurations.
- Provide VoIP deployment, firewall management, virus/malware cleanup and end user help desk support.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- Minimum 6 years of IT experience with hands-on experience with Windows Server 2003 and above to include Small Business Server (SBS)
- Microsoft Server 2012 experience preferred, Server 2008 required
- Install, configure and troubleshoot Microsoft Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8
- Ability to install, configure and troubleshoot Microsoft Office
- Knowledge and experience with VMware virtual environments and experience with Microsoft Office 365, to include Lync
- Hands-on experience with ISP/router/firewall management
- Thorough knowledge of Ethernet network environments, Active Director user and group management
- Ability to troubleshoot computer and peripheral hardware issues
- Microsoft certifications preferred
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) preferred
- Experience with ConnectWise and LabTech preferred
- Cisco, Apple, VMware, CompTIA certifications a plus
- Excellent customer service skills and strong interpersonal communications skills
- Effective multi-tasking skills and ability to succeed in up-tempo work environments and meet deadlines
- Versatility to adapt and research new ideas and methods, and demonstrated ability to analyze problems and make decisions
- Own vehicle and clean driving record. Frequent travel to client sites throughout Maryland, Virginia and D.C.
- Competitive salaries, 401k matching, performance-based merit reviews and bonus programs, including referral bonuses
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life insurance policy, STD and LTD 100% paid by MainSpring
- Paid time off for vacation, personal/sick leave, marriage leave (1 week), maternity and paternity leave (2 weeks), for eligible full-time employees
- Professional development opportunities, training and certifications when required, computer purchase assistance, tuition reimbursement program
- Recognition programs, including monthly kudos, Employee of the Quarter and annual presidential awards for MainSpring employees who best represent MainSpring