The Professional Services Consultant for the Integration team requires a well-rounded individual to consult, implement and manage a wide variety of solutions. It is largely based on working independently at client sites; therefore, excellent interpersonal communication and time/project management skills are critical for customer satisfaction, as well as individual and the organization’s success. Learn more about the position here.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
- Travel to client sites in the DC-VA-MD metro area to provide technical project consulting and comprehensive IT support for a variety of clients (small businesses, non-profits, government agencies).
- Consult with end users and manage back-end systems.
- Plan, execute and deploy computer, server and cloud solutions.
- Implement network and printer reconfigurations.
- Provide VoIP deployment, firewall management, virus/malware cleanup and end user help desk support.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- Minimum 6 years of IT experience with hands-on experience with Windows Server 2003 and above to include Small Business Server (SBS)
- Microsoft Server 2012 experience preferred, Server 2008 required
- Install, configure and troubleshoot Microsoft Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8
- Ability to install, configure and troubleshoot Microsoft Office
- Knowledge and experience with VMware virtual environments and experience with Microsoft Office 365, to include Lync
- Hands-on experience with ISP/router/firewall management
- Thorough knowledge of Ethernet network environments, Active Director user and group management
- Ability to troubleshoot computer and peripheral hardware issues
- Microsoft certifications preferred
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) preferred
- Experience with ConnectWise and LabTech preferred
- Cisco, Apple, VMware, CompTIA certifications a plus
- Excellent customer service skills and strong interpersonal communications skills
- Effective multi-tasking skills and ability to succeed in up-tempo work environments and meet deadlines
- Versatility to adapt and research new ideas and methods, and demonstrated ability to analyze problems and make decisions
- Own vehicle and clean driving record. Frequent travel to client sites throughout Maryland, Virginia and D.C.
MainSpring is an IT strategy and consulting firm that arms organizations with the strategy, tools and resources to grow. We foster a family-friendly, innovative, challenging, fun working environment earning the distinction of being one of The Washingtonian’s 50 Great Places to Work and countless awards for employee programs, growth and innovation.
- Competitive salaries, 401k matching, performance-based merit reviews and bonus programs, including referral bonuses
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life insurance policy, STD and LTD 100% paid by MainSpring
- Paid time off for vacation, personal/sick leave, marriage leave (1 week), maternity and paternity leave (2 weeks), for eligible full-time employees
- Professional development opportunities, training and certifications when required, computer purchase assistance, tuition reimbursement program
- Recognition programs, including monthly kudos, Employee of the Quarter and annual presidential awards for MainSpring employees who best represent MainSpring
Founded in 1993, MainSpring is headquartered in Frederick, Md., with offices in Florida, Ohio, Washington and Wisconsin. The firm supports a wide range of clients including businesses, non-profits and government agencies such as the Department of Defense.
Contact: 8 E 2nd St, Suite 205