Pedego Frederick is looking for an electric bicycle mechanic to assemble, repair & service Pedego Electric bikes.
This includes maintaining and managing our fleet of rental electric bikes, servicing customer bikes, & assembling new Pedego electric bikes to specification for our beautiful showroom. Electric Bicycle Mechanic Training is provided. No e-bike experience needed however previous mechanical experience with conventional bikes is necessary!
Pedego is an electric bike industry leader and the industry has experienced incredible exponential global growth. Opportunities in this industry will continue to expand tremendously and will rely on skilled technicians. We’re looking for someone smart, determined, and considerate. We can train a great person to be a great mechanic, we can’t train a great mechanic to be a great person.
- Be an integral member of an awesome team!
- Diagnose and repair customer bikes
- Clearly explain technical procedures to customers
- Assist with daily opening/closing procedures of the store
- Prepare bikes for scheduled rentals and events
- Help with moving heavy shipment materials
- Assemble products from boxes
- Become familiar with accessories offered
- Install accessories and customize components
- Seek independently & stay current with knowledge of the electric bike industry
- Develop & maintain an effective relationship with Pedego’s corporate Tech Dept
- Utilize current & assist with further development of Tech Dept. procedures that includes service, maintaining inventory, & ordering of parts.
- Maintain thorough service records in writing as well as electronically.
- Maintain a clean & orderly workshop area
- Assist with maintaining a clean and orderly showroom
- Assist with customer relations
- Professional attitude
- Reliable, trustworthy & punctual
- General availability during retail shop hours (x5 days/week including weekends); part-time/full-time(20-35 hours/week)
- Prior team-based work experience
- Interest in electric bikes
- Basic Computer Competency
- Able to communicate clearly verbally and in writing
- Capable of working with tools
- Lift 60 lbs
- Learn from video tutorials
- Must be able to not use their personal cell phone during the work shift
- Sharp observational perception
- Comfortable with & thrives on using analytical problem-solving skills
- Accept feedback & responsibility
- Able to work independently without constant supervision
- Take personal pride in quality of projects
- Embraces the diversity of all people & is respectful to all.
- Desire to go above and beyond basic duties
- Prior mechanic experience
- Bi-lingual(ASL= extra bonus!)
- Rides a bike
- Has a valid drivers license with good driving record
- Has a vehicle with a hitch receiver
- Would like to teach others basic bike maintenance
- Generally handy
- Own a Pedego e-bike : )
About Us: Pedego Frederick is a locally owned Pedego Electric Bikes dealer, service center, accessories boutique & tour/rental experience. We have an exemplary reputation for providing exceptional customer service.
What We Offer:
- Technical skill training
- Small, supportive, team atmosphere
- Professional & personal growth
- Safe & fun environment
- Accommodating and compassionate management
- Autonomy and open communication
- Creative & flexible scheduling during non-peak season
- Paid vacation accrual upon 1 year anniversary
- Eligible for company bonus based on end of year profitability
- Potential for growth & promotion within the company based on performance
- Pay-rate starts at $15/hour(negotiable based on experience with e-bikes)
Please inquire & send a resume to: Mimi Zee, Managing Partner at: email@example.com