Do you have a passion for creating highly engaging and aesthetically exciting WordPress websites? Do you live for designing digital content that’ll drive analytics and transform businesses? Do you geek out on brainstorming new strategies and ideas to elevate clients’ digital marketing impact? If so, Postern–a growing full-service marketing agency with a forward thinking culture–might be the right fit for you! Apply today to join our dynamic team of creatives as we serve a unique client base from a variety of industries.
We are seeking a talented WordPress web and digital designer responsible for both back-end and front-end development of WordPress websites that advance our clients’ marketing efforts. The candidate should possess not only strong WordPress web development skills but also a strong understanding of aesthetic design concepts that support functionality and brand identity that drives results. The candidate will serve as a resource to our team and clients in advising on best practices and industry trends.
- Develop WordPress websites as well as online marketing initiatives that meet our clients business objectives and advance their brand
- Management of DNS and website hosting needs of clients
- Performs maintenance and support for WordPress websites design, and/or code
- Creates solutions for identified problems or bugs
- Implement and assess SEO best practices
- Conducts design/development research and performs discovery analyses for client projects
- Implements and assess Google Analytics
- Works closely with and report to the Creative Director on various design briefs and collaborative sessions
- Stay atop trends and industry best practices to bridge insights, strategy, and creativity into one output
- Be part of a space for creativity, ideation, collaboration, fun, and learning
- Research and develop new growth strategies that are integrated with client’s goals and priorities and advise on budgetary, technical, and creative issues that arise
- Manage production and delivery of materials by working closely with internal and external resources (other creatives, clients, and vendors, etc.)
- Conduct asset audits to assess the effectiveness of each tactic and provide reporting
- Remain current on audience preferences and proactively suggest new tactics
- Versed in emerging digital technologies, platforms and best practices and provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate
- Perform tasks as assigned by the Principal, including meeting with clients, traveling, assisting with new business presentations and internal initiatives
- Develop and nurture strong client relationships and deliver an exceptional client experience
- Promote the visibility of Postern in the region through local public relations
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3+ years of relevant website development
- Understands UI, cross-browser compatibility, and general web functions and standards
- Ability to effectively develop measurable results and objectives and communicate ideas both verbally and visually to clients
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Knowledge of website design, search and social marketing, URL architecture, email marketing and the tools used to connect and measure their success (social platform analytics, Google Analytics)
- Excitement for growth, embracing new opportunities to tell stories, and being hands-on with the creative team
- Demonstrate ability to think strategically and creatively and provide measurable solutions
- Ability to complete multiple projects on schedule and under budget
Benefits: Competitive pay, healthcare, vision, dental and life insurance (with matching), healthcare savings account, and retirement benefits (with matching).
This position is full-time. Our office is a hybrid workplace at which we work 3 days in the office at our Frederick, Maryland location and 2 days remotely.
TO APPLY: Email your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org