Rockwell Brewery is in Frederick MD, the self-proclaimed epicenter of Maryland craft beer. Our taproom and beer garden features a diverse offering of styles and customer experiences. B.I.G. Juicy, our flagship New England IPA is an award-winning beer that continues to grow in popularity throughout the region.
Rockwell seeks to hire a lead Cellarperson. This full-time position within our production facility will be responsible for all cellar activities, while maintaining the highest quality and safety standards. As part of a cross-functional team, this individual will also assist with other duties within the brewery, including brewing, packaging and deliveries. Upon demonstrating superior competence, the successful candidate will have the option to advance to assistant brewer and finally full-time brewer.
Full -time, nonexempt. Starting range of $15 to $18 per hour.
Rockwell Brewery offers a comprehensive healthcare plan, paid time off and generous employee discounts.
- Passion for the art and science of brewing
- Experience in the brewing industry a plus
- Ability to work flexible shifts: 7am-3pm, 8am-4pm, 9am-5pm, and 11am-7pm, additional hours and weekends as needed (infrequently)
- Forklift Certification a plus
- High school diploma or GED/TASC preferred
- Detail-oriented and a meticulous record-keeper
- Clear understanding of fermentation science, brewery operations and expectations for the position
- Able to lift 55 pounds, able to move 165 pounds safely
- Able to work in loud, hot/cold/wet environment
- Work well in a team environment with a “can do” attitude
- Operate cellar equipment and perform tasks safely, efficiently, and consistently to maintain the highest possible quality standards
- Perform CIP/SIP cycles following established SOPs and protocols defined by MHB
- Perform cold-side fermentation and conditioning management including, but not limited to, dry-hopping, adding adjuncts, fining, knocking off trub/yeast, yeast harvest, sanitary transfer, in-line filtration, carbonating, and conditioning according to the production schedule
- Monitor, measure and record all products in the cellar for: gravities, temperatures, fermentation changes, carbonation, and other pertinent data on a daily basis
- Communicate regularly and openly with brew team including Head Brewer to ensure product consistency, standards and schedule are met
- Assist with packaging / line assistance
- General maintenance, sanitizing and cleaning throughout the brewery
- Keep accurate inventory records