The Head Bartender will be responsible for working set bar shifts during the week/weekend, training and on-boarding new FOH staff, stocking and tracking inventory, keeping staff on track with side work and cleaning, preparing bar and staff for events and other tasks as needed.
This position will be roughly 30-40 hours a week, depending on availability.
- Managing all bar prep work including, but not limited too: cutting fruit and other garnishes, juicing, making syrups and other mixers, cleaning, bar set up, restocking, marrying bottles, filling ice.
- Inventory: Tracking all bar inventory, communicating to management when items need to be restocked.
- Management: Train and oversee day-to-day FOH staff.
- Mixology: Work with the owner to craft and mix unconventional, engaging and desirable cocktails.
- Front of House: Interact with customers to educate them about craft cocktails and provide knowledge about Tenth Ward and our products. Represent Tenth Ward in a positive light and maintain professionalism behind the bar.
- Sales: Reach sales goals in relation to cocktail and bottle sales.
- Professional Development: Stay up to date with current industry standards and best practices, grow understanding of current industry trends and meet minimum of 40 hours required training per year by Tenth Ward.
- Networking: Being actively involved in the local bar community and promoting our efforts on social media.
- 2 years of experience in the restaurant, bar or hospitality industry
- Must be creative to assist with cocktail recipe development
- Ability to be quick and efficient during busy evenings
- Attention to detail supporting product quality controls and brand standard
- Customer service skills and effective communication
Candidate must be over 21 years of age. Must be able to lift 50 lbs and be able to work on feet most of the day.
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
TENTH WARD DISTILLING COMPANY
Tenth Ward is a craft distillery, established in 2016, and located in the heart of downtown Frederick, Maryland. The business is woman-owned and locally operated and specializes in whiskey, brandy and absinthe. We forge unconventional spirits and are dedicated to producing unparalleled spirits and reviving Maryland’s booze history.