Are you a foodie? Do you enjoy food and cooking? Do you appreciate fine teas, gourmet spice blends, sugars, and salts? Are you creative in the kitchen? Come work in an environment where it is all about food!
Part-time, long-term Retail Sales Associates are wanted immediately for The Spice & Tea Exchange, a specialty retail shop that sells spices, herbs, teas, spice blends, rubs, and related products. Come work with us in a fun, creative, and supportive environment! Advancement opportunities are available.
Benefits and Perks
- Enjoyable Work Environment
- Employee Discounts
- Career Development
- Competitive Compensation
A The Spice & Tea Exchange® Employee may be expected to:
- Ensure each guest receives stellar customer service and is welcomed into the store and greeted with our trademarked opening lines
- Utilize trademarked follow-up lines with guests
- Maintain inventory levels throughout the store, e.g. on shelves, counters, and tables, in containers with merchandise and product while assessing store inventory levels; notify management of low inventory levels
- Price merchandise with labels, SKUs, prices, and locations
- Blend and package product as necessary and where applicable
- Obtains merchandise requested by the customer, field customer questions concerning location, product information, price and uses for products while establishing rapport with customers to ensure their return and/or word of-mouth advertising
- Maintain solid, accurate, and current product knowledge to adequately promote the product by reading applicable publications and attending necessary training activities
- Complies with operating standards and procedures pertaining to the daily operation of the store
- Assess and notify management of low product inventory levels
- Helps maintain store appearance by contributing towards daily chores
- A passion for and experience with cooking and spices.
- Proven customer focus with stellar customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to utilize simple math skills in measuring ingredients, reading a scale, and following recipes
We are searching for someone with availability on the weekends and interested working about 20 hours per week. Please email your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why a position in this store would be a good fit for you.