Fall application deadline: December 31, 2021
Time commitment: 10-20 hours/week; flexible scheduling
Length of internship: January through May 2022
About the Weinberg: The Weinberg Center for the Arts is one of the region’s premier performing arts presenters, offering film, dance, music, theatre, and family-focused programming. Located in the historic Tivoli movie theater in downtown Frederick, the Weinberg strives to ensure that the arts remain accessible and affordable to local and regional audiences alike.
About the internship: We aim to provide college students with valuable mentoring and hands-on experience, bridging the gap between the classroom and the workplace. Interns play an integral part in the inner workings of the Weinberg, supporting the administrative staff in their daily activities. Interns will gain insight into the world of nonprofit arts administration and will build practical skills that are broadly applicable to business, marketing, and communications. Please note that we do not offer internships backstage or in the technical department.
Benefits: This is an unpaid internship. All interns will receive access to complimentary tickets to attend Weinberg shows, based on availability. Interns are encouraged to use the internship for academic credit.
Support the Manager of Marketing in event promotion:
- Create and maintain website and social media content
- Assist in planning and creation of email marketing initiatives
- Write and edit press releases
- Assist in designing promotional posters, flyers, and graphics
- Manage ongoing group sales efforts, ticket sales tracking, event listings, and various public relations projects
Support the Manager of Development in fundraising efforts:
- Assist in the printing and coordination of regular mailings
- Follow up with and thank donors via phone
- Assist in grant research and/or writing
- Assist with event management for occasional pre-show parties (as available)
Occasional manual labor such as lifting, pulling, pushing, etc. Additional research and administrative support as requested by supervisors
- Exemplary college student with field of study in one of the following: Communications, journalism, English, theater, dance, music, graphic design, marketing, business, or arts administration. Comparable experience will be considered.
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Detail-oriented self-starter, capable of working in a team or individually
- Some graphic design background is strongly encouraged
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
Submit a cover letter and resume along with writing and/or design samples (you may use class assignments) to Barbara Hiller, Manager of Marketing at firstname.lastname@example.org
In the subject line, please use the following format: Intern Application – YOUR NAME – Spring 2022
More Info Here