We aim to provide college students with valuable mentorship and hands-on experience, bridging the gap between the classroom and the workplace. Interns play an integral part in the inner workings of the Weinberg, supporting the administrative staff in their daily activities. Interns will gain insight into the world of nonprofit arts administration, and will build practical skills that are broadly applicable to business, marketing, and communications as a whole. Please note that we do not offer internships backstage, in programming, or in the technical department.
This is an internship with flexible scheduling (10-20 hours/week) from May through August. Application deadline is April 23.
This is an unpaid internship. However, all interns will receive access to complimentary tickets to attend Weinberg shows, based on availability. Students are encouraged to check with their college about using the internship for academic credit.
Support the Manager of Marketing in event promotion:
- Create and maintain website and social media content
- Assist in planning and creation of email marketing initiatives
- Write and edit press releases
- Assist in designing promotional posters, flyers, and graphics
- Manage ongoing group sales efforts, ticket sales tracking, event listings, and various PR projects
Support the Manager of Development in fundraising efforts:
- Assist in the printing and coordination of regular mailings
- Follow up with and thank donors via phone
- Assist in grant research and/or writing
- Assist with event management/hosting for occasional pre-show parties (as intern is available)
Occasional manual labor such as lifting, pulling, pushing, etc
Additional research and administrative support as requested by supervisors
- Exemplary college student with field of study in one of the following: Communications, journalism, English, theater, dance, music, graphic design, marketing, business, or arts administration. Comparable experience will be considered.
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Detail-oriented self-starter, capable of working in a team or individually
- Some graphic design background is strongly encouraged
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
Submit resume and a cover letter along with writing and/or design samples (may be class assignments) to Barbara Hiller, Manager of Marketing, at firstname.lastname@example.org the subject line, please use the following format: Intern Application – YOUR NAME – Summer 2021.
More Info Here