Downtown Business Resources for COVID-19
Below you will find information about financial assistance, employee resources, marketing opportunities and other resources to help small businesses through COVID-19. This resource list is updated and maintained by Downtown Frederick Partnership. Information is added on an as-needed basis and may update daily. The Partnership is making our best attempt to provide accurate information from reputable sources in this rapidly changing environment. Check back often. For questions, please contact email@example.com.
- Teleworking Best Practices: Conflict Management on Tuesday, February 16 at 1:00PM. Hosted by the Maryland Women’s Business Center.
- QuickBooks Account Clean Up on Wednesday, February 17 at 11:30AM. Hosted by Maryland SBDC.
- Understanding A Commercial Lease on Wednesday, February 17 at 1:00PM. Hosted by Maryland SBDC.
- Email Marketing: Nurture Your Prospects to Action on Thursday, February 18 at 10:00AM. Hosted by Maryland SBDC.
- Cybersecurity’s Human Component on Thursday, February 18 at 1:00PM. Hosted by Maryland SBDC.
- Emotional Intelligence in a Virtual Workplace on Tuesday, February 23 at 10:00AM. Hosted by Maryland Women’s Business Center.
- Copywriting 101 For Small Business Owners on Tuesday, February 23 at 1:00PM. Hosted by Maryland SBDC.
- Small Business Cybersecurity: The Threats on Tuesday, February 23 at 1:00PM. Hosted by Maryland SBDC.
- Share the Love: How to Get Amazing Reviews From Customers on Wednesday, February 24 at 1:00PM. Hosted by Maryland SBDC.
- Coffee & Connections: MWBC Frederick County (Promoting Your Brand) on Thursday, February 25 at 10:00AM. Hosted by Maryland Women’s Business Center.
- Steps to Start Your Business on Thursday, February 25 at 11:00AM. Hosted by Maryland Women’s Business Center.
- Marketing Your Business with Video on Thursday, February 25 at 1:00PM. Hosted by Maryland SBDC.
RECOVERY, REOPENING AND REENTRY
Maryland Strong: Roadmap to Recovery: For the most up to date information on recovery plans for the State of Maryland, visit governor.maryland.gov/recovery. The Maryland Strong: Roadmap to Recovery released on April 24 can be downloaded here.
Maryland Strong Back to Business Pledge: Governor Hogan is encouraging Maryland business owners to display a signed pledge in their place of business.
Tourism Recovery Task Force: This task force was established to create a plan to re-open the tourism industry in a manner that is safe for employees and customers. The work of the task force is guided through the efforts of the Tourism Advisory Recovery Group, which is comprised of members of the industry’s trade associations and the Maryland Tourism Development Board. The recommendations from each group will be integrated into a plan that will be delivered to the Secretary of Commerce, Kelly Schulz. The working title of the plan is: Open for Business. Putting the Tourism Industry Back to Work. The model that Maryland has been using for a reopening plan is outlined in the National Coronavirus Response – A Road Map to Reopening.
- Tourism/Retail Task Force Recommendations: The following recommendations were submitted to the Governor via the Department of Commerce on April 30. At a minimum, safe, contactless curbside pickup should begin as quickly as possible for all retail. You can download a copy of these documents here: Task Force Recommendations / Checklist for Retailers / Checklist for Customers
- From the MD Office of Tourism Development (OTD) Resources: Five easy steps to make sure you’re getting the benefit of OTD support in promoting your business and events.
Executive Orders & Regulations:
Click on the tabs below to show details related to each Executive Order issued by the Governor and/or Regulations set by Frederick County. Questions concerning the Governor’s executive orders should be directed to the Governor’s Office of Legal Counsel at 410.974.3901 or online at governor.maryland.gov/
If you are unsure of your current occupancy load use the City of Frederick’s Capacity Calculator. If you have other questions about policies specific to Frederick County, contact fchdBusinessInfo@