Downtown Business Resources for COVID-19
Below you will find information about financial assistance, employee resources, marketing opportunities and other resources to help small businesses through COVID-19. This resource list is updated and maintained by Downtown Frederick Partnership. Information is added on an as-needed basis and may update daily. The Partnership is making our best attempt to provide accurate information from reputable sources in this rapidly changing environment. Check back often. For questions, please contact email@example.com.
- Using Social Media for Networking on Thursday, August 13 at 1:00PM. Hosted by the MD SBDC
- Accounting Boot Camp For Business Owners on Tuesday, August 18 at 10:00AM. Hosted by the MD SBDC
- During These Difficult Times, Take Time To Master Google My Business on Tuesday, August 18 at 1:00PM. Hosted by the MD SBDC
- Business and Marketing Plan Made Simple: A Three-Step Process on Wednesday, August 19 at 1:00PM. Hosted by the MD SBDC
- Manage Your Business Risks In These Challenging Times on Thursday, August 20 at 10:00AM. Hosted by the MD SBDC
- Women-Owned Small Business Certification-New Changes Taking Place on Wednesday, August 26 at 10:00AM. Hosted by the MD SBDC
- SBA EIDL Application Help Through Live Webinar offered daily at 10:30AM and 8:00PM. Hosted by the Delaware SBA district office, open to anyone to join. On the call, an SBA agent will walk businesses through the EIDL application process. Businesses should have all necessary documents ready.
- Monthly Virtual Job Fair hosted on the first Friday of every month, beginning in May. Hosted by JobsOffice.org. Free to job seekers and recruiters.
- Community Conversations (local to Frederick) every Thursday at 1:00PM. Series of collaborative virtual meet-ups with local business owners from a wide range of industries. Discuss challenges and innovations, generate new ideas, and refine your own strategies for keeping momentum during these challenging times. Register in advance. Hosted by Postern.
- Downtown Frederick Partnership is hosting a series of Merchant Round Tables, where we provide a virtual venue for merchants from various industries (retail, restaurant, craft beverage, service, entertainment, etc.) to meet, contribute and hear ideas from neighbors in your same industry. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
RECOVERY, REOPENING AND REENTRY
Maryland Strong: Roadmap to Recovery: For the most up to date information on recovery plans for the State of Maryland, visit governor.maryland.gov/recovery. The Maryland Strong: Roadmap to Recovery released on April 24 can be downloaded here.
Maryland Strong Back to Business Pledge: Governor Hogan is encouraging Maryland business owners to display a signed pledge in their place of business.
Governor Hogan has established a Tourism Recovery Task Force, which will create a plan to re-open the tourism industry in a manner that is safe for employees and customers. The work of the task force is guided through the efforts of the Tourism Advisory Recovery Group, which is comprised of members of the industry’s trade associations and the Maryland Tourism Development Board. The recommendations from each group will be integrated into a plan that will be delivered to the Secretary of Commerce, Kelly Schulz. The working title of the plan is: Open for Business. Putting the Tourism Industry Back to Work. The model that Maryland has been using for a reopening plan is outlined in the National Coronavirus Response – A Road Map to Reopening.
- Tourism/Retail Task Force Recommendations: The following recommendations were submitted to the Governor via the Department of Commerce on April 30. At a minimum, safe, contactless curbside pickup should begin as quickly as possible for all retail. You can download a copy of these documents here: Task Force Recommendations / Checklist for Retailers / Checklist for Customers
- From the MD Office of Tourism Development (OTD) Resources: Five easy steps to make sure you’re getting the benefit of OTD support in promoting your business and events.
Click on the tabs below to show details related to each Executive Order issued by the Governor. Questions concerning the Governor’s executive orders should be directed to the Governor’s Office of Legal Counsel at 410.974.3901 or online at governor.maryland.gov/