First Saturday means all day activities, late-night shopping and dining, live music on the street, and a free trolley to guide your way! During April First Saturday, explore the secret alleyways and hidden corners of Downtown Frederick.
Whether you’ve lived here for years, or you’re a first time visitor, First Saturday is a great time to discover something new about Downtown Frederick. Thank you to our partners at Harley-Davidson of Frederick for presenting April First Saturday!
Download First Saturday Brochure Here
PARKING & TRAVEL
Looking for a place to stay? Check out downtown accommodations here. You can also find many great places to stay located outside of Downtown Frederick. Visit the Tourism Council of Frederick County’s website for a full list of hotels, bed & breakfasts, vacation rentals, cabins and camping and check out our special First Saturday rates available at participating hotels!View First Saturday Hotel Rates
LIVE MUSIC + ENTERTAINMENT
Each First Saturday, musicians and entertainment can be found all over downtown!
- 4-7 pm | Kristin Rebecca // District Arts, 15 N Market St
- 5-7 pm | Mike Schirf // Firestone’s Market, 113 N Market St
- 5-7 pm | Eric French // Velvet Lounge, 203 N Market St
- 5-8 pm | Mark England // Posh Boutique, 35 N Market St
- 5-9 pm | Eric Dubbin // The Potters’ Guild of Frederick, 14 S Market St
- 6-9 pm | Hard Swimmin’ Fish // Ec’clectibles, 15 E Patrick St
On the First Saturday of each month, find artists painting live scenes inspired by Downtown Frederick. Paintings will be on display & available for sale during our First Saturday Art Show in August 2019!
- 1-4 pm | Donna Quesada & Kristen Morrison // EastSide Gallery, 313 E Patrick St
- 3-6 pm | Peter Plant // ERUCC, 15 W Church St
YOU DON’T WANT TO MISS…
- Our umbrella art installation is back a month early! Help us welcome spring and wish away “April showers” by enjoying these colorful parasol umbrellas decorated by students at SJRCS, downtown business owners, local artists, and community members. So wherever you are walking around downtown, stop and look up!
- Keep an eye out for our wandering circus performer from 3PM to 5PM along Market and Patrick Streets!
- The family-friendly First Saturday Scavenger Hunt with Surelocked In Escape Games! Stop by 5 N Market St to pick up your clue sheet any time after 12PM (noon). Just turn it back in by 6PM for your chance at a prize basket from participating locations!
- Check out the Electric Car Show located in Everedy Square and Shab Row from 12PM to 5PM.
- Stop by 30 N Market St to hang out with the Harley-Davidson of Frederick crew from 11AM to 6PM and learn the basics of riding a motorcycle with their jumpstart! Their jumpstart combines a Harley-Davidson motorcycle and a specially-designed, stationary support stand that allows you to start up the bike, shift gears, and feel the rumble beneath your feet!
- Hop aboard the FREE TROLLEY, which makes its loop through Downtown Frederick from 3-9PM. Pick up locations include 117 N East St, 40 S Carroll St, 33 E Patrick St, 124 N Market St and 428 N Market St.
- From 3PM to 6PM, help the Friends of the Child Advocacy Center celebrate the joys of childhood with pinwheels, bubbles, and music! Stop by The Healing Garden at Bonita Maas Park (7 W 2nd St) for all of this and to meet the facility dog for the CAC, Heiress!
LOCAL SHOPPING & EVENTS
Downtown businesses each celebrate the holidays with their own unique events. From in-store tastings and events, to artist and vendor exhibitions or even a downtown scavenger hunt… there’s always something new to explore!
9a-5p The Temple | 22 W Church St
Product Bar! Come feel and test out our favorite products and take home your favorite one!
10a-5p GWC Artwork Gallery | 328 E Patrick St
Join us as we welcome our featured artist, Rebecca Jackson, over a reception and light refreshments.
10a-9p VISIONS | 16 N Market St
VISIONS is celebrating 20 Years of exciting eyewear in Downtown Frederick! Join us for special anniversary treats and our gift to you of 20% off ALL of our wonderful “one-of-a-kind” frames… PLUS you can enter our drawing for a special anniversary gift (drawing 4/22). So “See VISIONS” — Where We put the “YOU” in “U-nique”!
10a-10p I Made This! Pottery Studio | 10B N East
Enjoy Yourself in our Fun, Friendly, and Relaxing Paint Your Own Pottery Studio located in Downtown Frederick. Lots of Pottery selections to choose from, including Seasonal and Holiday Shapes. Food and drinks welcome!
10a-9p Posh Boutique | 35 N Market St
Sip and Shop all things Spring with us!
10a-9p Ec’clectibles | 13 E Patrick St
Join in our celebration of being in beautiful Downtown Frederick for 15 years! Doorprizes and other surprises!
11a-9p Lebherz Oil & Vinegar Emporium | 214 N Market St
Fusti Flash Back: Sweet Apricot White Balsamic. Come in today and get some of our favorite Sweet Apricot White Balsamic! Here for a limited time and offered for the first time today, you don’t want to miss this sweet start to Spring!
11a-5p National Museum of Civil War Medicine | 48 E Patrick
Members of the Blue and Gray Hospital Association will be at the museum throughout the day describing the medical history of America’s bloodiest conflict.
11a-6p Pearl Clothing | 127 E Patrick St
Ribbons & Rocks for SAAM. April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month. Stop for a ribbon and find out how YOU can help with “Shop ’til it Stops” for Heartly House.
11a-10p North Market Pop Shop | 241 N Market St
Come sample our newest local creamery ice cream flavors and other treats!
12p-4p Relish Decor | 38 E Patrick St
Say goodbye to plastic wrap! Discover a versatile and durable solution for food storage at Relish Decor. Learn all the ways you can use Bee’s Wrap, a washable, reusable, compostable food storage wrap.
12p-4p Treaty General Store | 38 E Patrick St
Give your home a spring refresh with a high-quality, earth-friendly Paddywax Candle. Experts will be on hand at Treaty to help choose your new favorite fragrance at the Paddywax Trunk Show.
12p-5p Everedy Square and Shab Row | East and Church St
Come see the Nissan Leaf, Chevy Volt, Tesla, and more at our Electric Car Show!
12p-6p Surelocked In Escape Games | 5 N Market St
Come one, come all to our free monthly Scavenger Hunt! Test your wits and compete for prizes while exploring Downtown Frederick! Clue sheets can be picked up at 5 N Market Street between 12-6pm. Good luck and may the best team win!
1p-3p Dancing Bear Toys | 15 E Patrick St
Create a masterpiece with Aquabeads! Place beads on a special mat, spray with water and let your creation set to reveal amazing bead art! Free event open to ages 4-12, parental accompaniment required. Supplies limited to the first 50 participants.
2p-4p VINI Culture Wine Bar & Cafe | 20 N Market St
Wine Tasting with wine expert Mark Luna of RVWC
2p-5p The Delaplaine Arts Center | 40 S Carroll St
Art Matters Artist Talk: Panel discussion about exhibit at 2 Artists reception from 3-5. Artist Karen Schulz; MOON INVITATIONAL Creative Outlet: Learn of Ray Growler and create a Paper Sheep. All ages.
2p-8p Premier Group Long & Foster | 244 N Market St
Flying Dog Beer Tasting Hosted by Realtor, Anna Givens.
3p-7p The Kitchenette | 217 N Market St
Stop by and see all the new items we brought back from the International Housewares Show, including a demo on the Negg egg peeler.
4p-6:30p DISTRICT Arts | 15 N Market St
Swing by our table outside and watch some of our talented gallery artists decorate umbrellas as part of today’s festivities!
4p-9p Time Bomb Tattoos & Curiosities | 26 S Market St
Billy Bardo, The Bard of Balderdash, will be making music, telling stories, and entertaining us with mystic lore. Nicole Zeigler, of Mandala Massage and Yoga, with be offering seated mini massage sessions. Come stop by and say hi!
5p-8p Firestone’s Market on Market | 113 N Market St
Come experience a local wine tasting with Catoctin Breeze Vineyard.
5p-8p United Steam Fire Engine Co #3 | 79 S Market St
Explore and enjoy a free tour of the station to include looking at the apparatus, along with fire prevention & life safety information.
5p-9p The Muse | 19 N Market St
Join us as we host Pennsylvania artist, Yvonne Irvin! Her jewelry is colorful, lightweight & so fun! Check out her selection of wearable art and, meet the artist!
5p-9p NOMA Gallery | 437 N Market St
A Wider Horizon, solo show by painter Kesra Hoffman explores landscapes inspired by the unbelievable beauty in a year of travels to the Canadian Rockies, Montana, South Australia and New Zealand. Please join us for an opening reception.
8p-11p VINI Culture Wine Bar & Cafe | 20 N Market St
Live music by Jazz Connection in our lounge
While you’re here, take advantage of the free trolley! The trolley runs every 15 minutes from 3pm – 9pm and has five convenient stops throughout downtown. It’s completely free! Just hop on and ride. Download a trolley route map here.
- Little Pottery Shop | 117 N East St
- Delaplaine Arts Center | 40 S Carroll St
- Patrick Street Stop | 33 E Patrick St
- Brewer’s Alley | 124 N Market St
- Bravura Arts and Framing | 428 N Market St