First Saturday means all day activities, late-night shopping and dining, live music on the street, and a free trolley to guide your way! During September First Saturday, we’re celebrating the locally-made products that make Frederick’s retail community so rich.
Whether you’ve lived here for years, or you’re a first time visitor, First Saturdays are a great time to discover something new about Downtown Frederick.
Download First Saturday Brochure
PARKING & TRAVEL
Looking for a place to stay? Check out downtown accommodations here. You can also find many great places to stay located outside of Downtown Frederick. Visit the Tourism Council of Frederick County’s website for a full list of hotels, bed & breakfasts, vacation rentals, cabins and camping and check out our special First Saturday rates available at participating hotels!View First Saturday Hotel Rates
YOU DON’T WANT TO MISS…
- Last chance to buy paintings created by local plein air artists during closing reception of our First Saturday Art Show at Serendipity Market & More.
- Renn Fest in the City at Everedy Square & Shab Row! Featuring henna tattoos, Tarot card readings, turkey legs, live music, belly dancing & sword fighting demo.
- Visit the businesses of S Carroll St to test out free electric bike rides with Pedego of Frederick, celebrate Vintage MC’s one year anniversary, and explore the Delaplaine Arts Center’s First Saturday artist talks. Convenient new trolley stop across from Sky Stage takes you right there!
- In the mood for a walking tour? Learn history with the National Museum of Civil War Medicine, get a little spooky with Ghost Tours of Historic Frederick, or go exploring with Surelocked In Escape Games’ scavenger hunt.
- Go behind the scenes with a backstage tour at the Weinberg Center for the Arts.
- Find some tasty treats at The Kitchenette for their two year anniversary, at the North Market Pop Shop, Lebherz Oil & Vinegar Emporium, VINI CULTURE wine bar & café, during Heritage Frederick’s ice cream social, and at the Potters’ Guild of Frederick.
- Hop aboard the FREE TROLLEY, which makes its loop through Downtown Frederick from 3-9pm. Pick up locations include 117 N East St, 40 S Carroll St, 33 E Patrick St, 124 N Market St and 428 N Market St. Download trolley map here.
LIVE MUSIC + ENTERTAINMENT
Each First Saturday, musicians and entertainment can be found all over downtown!
- 3-5 pm | Mark England @ Vintage MC, 103 S Carroll St
- 5-8 pm | Brian Derek @ Posh Boutique, 35 N Market St
- 5-8 pm | Nick Frey @ Terressentials, 100 E Patrick St
- 5-8 pm | James Calderon @ Serendipity Market & More, 14 E Patrick St
- 5-9 pm | Love Local community projects @ 30 N Market St and 33 E Patrick St
- 5-9 pm | Eric Dubbin @ Potters’ Guild of Frederick, 14 S Market St
- 6-9 pm | Domenic Cicala @ Yaneth Reyes Jewelry LLC, 114 N Market St
- 6-9 pm | Doug Alan Wilcox @ Simply Beautiful Boutique, 143 N Market St
This First Saturday come to Serendipity for the closing reception of our First Saturday Art Show “A Year of First Saturdays – Plein Air in Downtown Frederick.” Paintings from the past year will be on display & available for sale from 11am-9pm and the closing reception will take place from 5-9pm.
LOCAL SHOPPING & EVENTS
Downtown businesses each celebrate First Saturday with their own unique events. From in-store tastings and events, to artist and vendor exhibitions or even a downtown scavenger hunt… there’s always something new to explore!
10a-9p Dream House | 102 E Patrick St
Shop through furniture, accessories, art, lamps and more during our annual Tent Event behind the store!
10a-10p i Made This! Pottery Studio | 10B N East St
Paint your own pottery in our fun, relaxing, and friendly studio. Open LATE, till 10p. Food & drinks welcome! Lots of shapes and sizes to choose from.
11a-7p Pedego Frederick | 125 S Carroll St
Free test rides on Pedego electric bikes and refreshments!
11a-8p Lebherz Oil & Vinegar Emporium | 214 N Market S
Flash Back Fusti Tap: Come in today to get our Tangerine Balsamic Vinegar. Only here for a very limited time, this balsamic is not one to miss!
11a-9p Serendipity Market and More | 14 E Patrick St
Join us for the closing reception of Downtown Frederick Partnership’s “A Year of First Saturdays” art exhibit, with food and ice cream samples.
11a-10p North Market Pop Shop | 241 N Market St
Come check out all the fall flavors! Local Creamery ice cream samples!
12p-4p GWC Artwork Gallery | 328 E Patrick St
Meet our featured artist, Dawn Wolfe. Fluid painter.
12p-5p Everedy Square and Shab Row | East & Church St
Renn Fest in the City! Henna tattoos, Tarot card readings, yummy turkey legs. Featuring music at 12p, 2p & 4p; Belly dancing at 1p; Sword fighting demo at 3p.
12p-8p Surelocked In Escape Games | 5 N Market St
Come one, come all to our free, monthly Scavenger Hunt! Test your wits in this family-friendly game and compete for prizes while exploring Downtown Frederick! Clue sheets can be picked up anytime between 12p-8p.
12p-9p Vintage MC | 103 S Carroll St
We are celebrating our first anniversary with food, music, fun and games! Pop a balloon for your chance at special prizes!
1p-3p Posh Boutique | 35 N Market St
Sip & Shop and listen to the classic guitar music of Jessica Smathers.
2p-4p VINI CULTURE wine bar & cafe | 20 N Market St
Pinot Noir Tasting: Take an afternoon break with wine expert, Mark Luna, who will be pouring his favorite Pinot Noir selections. Curious about food pairings? Let’s talk about it! $5 and 21+
2p-5p The Delaplaine Arts Center | 40 S Carroll St
First Saturday Artist Talk from 2-3p; Monthly gallery reception from 3-5p; Creative Outlet from 3-5p!
2p-5p Heritage Frederick | 24 E Church St
Ice cream social!
3p-4:30 Nat’l Museum of Civil War Medicine | 48 E Patrick St
Behind every casualty is a story. Discover the stories of wounded soldiers treated in Frederick’s Civil War hospitals during a historic walking tour of the downtown area.
3p-7:30 Artisinal Hair Company | 124 N Market
Braid Bar and color consultations. We will be accepting sign-ups on site and are featuring back-to-school color and cut pre-scheduling!
3p-9p The Kitchenette | 217 N Market St
Come help us celebrate our Two Year Anniversary! We are so grateful that you have chosen to get your kitchen supplies downtown! Stop by for some free popcorn courtesy of Maryland Event Rentals. While supplies last.
5p-8p Frederick Natural Health | 15 N Court St #101
Come learn about a different kind of healthcare! Meet our practitioners, sample some herbs and try mini-acupuncture or craniosacral sessions.
5p-8p TAG / The Artists Gallery | 216 N Market St
Opening reception of “Techniques and Technologies” show by Jim Mitchell and Kathleen Carroll.
5p-9p Gallery 322 | 322 N Market St
Cool off with our artists at our Artist’s Reception for “Cool, Cool Water” — our refreshed, and refreshing, exhibit extended through September.
5p-9p The Muse | 19 N Market St
Dalis Davidson of Dancing Leaf Farm creates “Lambscape” paintings using dyed wool as her paint. The result is a richly textured painting. Also available will be her popular Nuno felted silk scarves. Meet the artist!
5p-9p NOMA Gallery | 437 N Market St
Please join us for the opening reception of “Fall Equinox,” an all NOMA artist show with some surprises.
6p-7p Weinberg Center for the Arts | 20 W Patrick St
Free tours of the historic Weinberg Center let you discover the Art Deco architectural details, immerse yourself in local theatrical lore, and access backstage areas normally off-limits to the public.
6p-9p Potters’ Guild of Frederick | 14 S Market
Come in and see novel, innovative work produced by this year’s new Guild members. Enjoy local wine and chocolate during your visit. Complimentary recipe card holders are available with purchases while supplies last.
8p Ghost Tours of Historic Frederick | 124 N Market St
Journey through Frederick’s gruesome and bloody past… nearly 300 years of war, executions and revenge. True documented stores of the “Paranormal” with Maryland’s oldest operating ghost tour!
While you’re here, take advantage of the free trolley! The trolley runs every 15 minutes from 3pm – 9pm and has five convenient stops throughout downtown. It’s completely free! Just hop on and ride. Download trolley map here.
- Little Pottery Shop | 117 N East St
- Delaplaine Arts Center | 40 S Carroll St
- Patrick Street Stop | 33 E Patrick St
- Brewer’s Alley | 124 N Market St
- Bravura Arts and Framing | 428 N Market St