First Saturday means all day activities, late-night shopping and dining, live music on the street, and a free trolley to guide your way! During July First Saturday, celebrate the visual and performing arts in Downtown Frederick with local artists, public art and more. Thank you to Frederick County Bank for sponsoring July First Saturday. Check them out at 2 N Market St to see how they celebrate local in Downtown Frederick.
Whether you’ve lived here for years, or you’re a first time visitor, First Saturdays are a great time to discover something new about Downtown Frederick.
DOWNLOAD FIRST SATURDAY BROCHURE
PARKING & TRAVEL
Looking for a place to stay? Check out downtown accommodations here. You can also find many great places to stay located outside of Downtown Frederick. Visit the Tourism Council of Frederick County’s website for a full list of hotels, bed & breakfasts, vacation rentals, cabins and camping and check out our special First Saturday rates available at participating hotels!View First Saturday Hotel Rates
LIVE MUSIC + ENTERTAINMENT
Each First Saturday, musicians and entertainment can be found all over downtown!
- I ART Downtown Frederick Scavenger Hunt @ SureLocked In Escape Games, all day
- 3-5pm | Music, Playwrighting, Circus and Yoga workshops @ New Spire Arts
- 3-9pm | Free Trolley takes riders for a Downtown loop @ Brewer’s Alley 124 N Market St
- 5-8pm | Straight Up Tribal @Velvet Lounge
- 5-8pm | Ed Barney on The Trolley (pickup at 124 Brewer’s Alley)
- 5-9 pm| Eric Dubbin @ Potter’sGuild of Frederick
- 6-9 pm | Domenic Cicala @ ThePasta Palette
- 6-9 pm | Hard Swimmin’ Fish@ Ec’clectibles
Each month, find artists painting live scenes inspired by Downtown Frederick. Paintings will be on display & available for sale during our First Saturday Art Show in August 2018!
- 12pm–3 pm | Paint a chair for a public art installation @ the Carroll Creek Amphitheater
- 3-9pm | Paula Rubin-Wexler (plein air artist) on E Patrick St, near Serendipity Market & More
- 3-9pm | Karen Winston Levin (plein air artist) on E Patrick St, near Serendipity Market & More
- 3-9pm | Tom Semmes (plein air artist) on Carroll Creek
- 3-9pm | Kristen Morrison (plein air artist) on N Market St, near 5th Street
- 5-9pm | Heart-Bombing activity @ Frederick County Bank *while supplies lasts*
YOU DON’T WANT TO MISS…
- From 12-3pm, come visit the Partnership at the amphitheater located on Carroll Creek to decorate blue chairs that will be placed outside of store fronts during August First Saturday
- Baltimore artist Juliette Crosson exhibits Picnic Party Pals at the Muse located on 19 N Market St
- Visit The Little Pottery Shop on 117 N East S and find great deals on fantastic local pottery
- More than 20 vendors with paintings, jewelry, home decor, stained glass, books, clothing, accessories, pottery, and more at Everedy Square and Shab Row!
- Come to the Square Art Gallery and watch multiple artists at work in the gallery painting square art pieces! 8 E Church St
- Stop by Dancing Bear Toys on 15 E Patrick St for a fun craft featuring Wikki Stix! Ages 3+
- Check out the Metamorphosis Photography Exhibition presented by student’s of Frederick Community College in Area 31, 31 E Patrick St
- Listen to the First Saturday Artist Talk with Mid-Atlantic Analog Photographers panel followed by an artist reception and Creative Outlet at the Delaplaine Arts Center, 40 S Carroll St
LOCAL SHOPPING & EVENTS
Downtown businesses each celebrate First Saturday with their own unique events. From in-store tastings and events, to artist and vendor exhibitions or even a downtown scavenger hunt… there’s always something new to explore!
10am-6pm The Little Pottery Shop | 117 N East St
Annual Summer Sidewalk Sale – Find Great Deals on Fantastic Local Pottery
10am-10pm i Made This! Pottery Studio | 10B N East St
Enjoy yourself in our Fun, Friendly, and Relaxing Studio. Lots of Pottery to choose from. Open LATE till 10pm. Food & Drinks Welcome. No Reservation is needed.
11-10pm North Market Pop Shop | 241 N Market St
Come in and have a taste local creamery ice cream from two local creameries
11am-9pm Lebherz Oil & Vinegar Emporium | 214 N Market S
Food Demo: Red, White & BLUEberry balsamic jam! Come learn how to make this delicious homemade jam using only 3 ingredients~ today only!
11am-9pm Windy City Red Hots | 50 Carroll Creek Way
First Saturday Special: $1 Windy City Red Hot, with any Meal Purchase, all day
11am-4pm Everedy Square and Shab Row | E & Church St
A pop up artist market. More than 20 vendors will gather to share their paintings, jewelry, home decor, stained glass, books, clothing, accessories, pottery, and more!
12pm-7pm Alchemy No. 119 | 119 E Patrick St
Healing and Wellness Practitioners will be stationed in the backyard for guests to sample experiences such as tarot readings, reiki, reflexology, intuitive readings and more.
12pm-8pm Surelocked In Escape Games | 5 N Market St
USA USA USA! It’s time for free Scavenger Hunt! Pick up your Clue Sheet at 5 N Market Street, then test your wits as you explore scenic Downtown Frederick and compete for prizes! This month’s theme is “America the Beautiful” – good luck!
12pm-8pm McClintock Distilling | 35 S Carroll St
McClintock’s 2nd Annual Pig Roast and Rye Whiskey Release Party: McClintock Distilling will be releasing the much anticipated Bootjack Rye Whiskey(limited bottles available).
2pm-5pm The Delaplaine Arts Center | 40 S Carroll St
First Saturday Artist Talk with Mid-Atlantic Analog Photographers panel (2-3pm), followed by an artist reception and Creative Outlet (3-5pm).
2pm-3pm Dancing Bear Toys | 15 E Patrick St
Wikki Stix Art: Join us for a fun craft featuring Wikki Stix! Ages 3+
2pm-4pm VINI CULTURE wine bar | 20 N Market St
First Saturday Wine Tasting/Staff’s Favorite – Join us as we pour several of our Staff’s Favorite Wines. Perhaps they will be your favorite too! Bottles available for purchase
3pm-9pm The Kitchenette | 217 N Market St
Free baked item while supplies last.
5pm-9pm Square Art Gallery | 8 E Church St
Multiple artists at work in the gallery painting square art pieces!
5pm-9pm The Muse | 19 N Market St
Baltimore artist Juliette Crosson exhibits Picnic Party Pals! The show features paintings of animal friends enjoying snacks & tea. Inspired by a love for all creatures, soft colors & children’s books, Juliette creates a whimsical world of fun!
5pm-7pm Frederick Innovative Technology Center | 118 N Market St
FITCI will be showcasing a few of our companies for everyone to get a sneak peak at the newest innovations out there. Here at FITCI we accelerate technological innovation and the development of commercially viable technology-based businesses.
5pm-9pm NOMA Gallery | 437 N Market St
Please join for an opening reception to kick off “Our Thoughts Run in Circles” featuring all 19 of NOMA gallery’s artists. Work is on view Fridays 4-8, Saturdays 12-8, and Sundays 12-4.
5pm-8pm Frederick Natural Health | 15 N Court St #101
We will be offering community acupuncture for $25 per person.
5pm-9pm Gallery 322 | 322 N Market St
Join us for a reception to meet our artists, and tour our colorful show—“Summer Seen,” extended through July!
6pm-7pm Weinberg Center for the Arts | 20 W Patrick St
Free tour of the Weinberg Center!
6pm-9pm Area 31| 31 E Patrick St
Metamorphosis Photography Exhibition – United in diversity; bound by advocating for art; past and present student’s of Frederick Community College present an exhibition upon which art meets audience in a passionate display of photography
8:30pm Ghost Tours of Historic Frederick | 124 N Market St
Journey through Frederick’s Gruesome and Bloody Past. Nearly 300 Years of War, Executions and Revenge. True Documented Stories of the “Paranormal” with Maryland’s Oldest Operating Ghost Tour!
While you’re here, take advantage of the free trolley! The trolley runs every 15 minutes from 3pm – 9pm and has five convenient stops throughout downtown. It’s completely free! Just hop on and ride.
- Pistarro’s | 221 N East St
- Little Pottery Shop | 117 N East St
- Spin the Bottle Wine Company | 220 E Patrick St
- Brewer’s Alley | 121 N Market St
- Bravura Arts and Framing | 428 N Market St