About the Partnership
Founded in 1990 as a 501(c) 3 nonprofit organization, Downtown Frederick Partnership has managed Downtown Frederick’s Main Street program since designation in 2001. Main Street designation is awarded by Main Street Maryland (State of Maryland) and is recognized by The City of Frederick and the National Trust Main Street Center.
The Main Street Program is a preservation-based, downtown revitalization approach. The goal of the Main Street Program is to strengthen the vitality of traditional main streets and neighborhoods.
Downtown Frederick has been the recipient of numerous awards. Most notably:
- Downtown Frederick was named a Great Place in America by the American Planning Association in 2011
- Downtown Frederick received the prestigious Great American Main Street Award in 2005 from the National Trust Main Street Center for the community’s exceptional accomplishments in revitalization
- Downtown Frederick was named one of the “Dozen Distinctive Destinations” by the National Trust for Historic Preservation in 2002
Our Policy Statements
Downtown Frederick Partnership is committed to advocating for projects and policies which encourage the healthy growth and economic development of Downtown Frederick.
- Redevelopment of the Post Office Site: Downtown Frederick Partnership is committed to advocating for the redevelopment of the Post Office site. Redevelopment would include retaining the retail post office either on site or in close proximity and relocating the remaining uses. Download our full Policy Statement here.
- Locate Government in Downtown Frederick: Downtown Frederick Partnership is committed to working with the City, County, State and Federal governments to locate significant government functions in Downtown Frederick. Download our full Policy Statement here.
Working with business and community leaders, the Partnership fully embraces the Main Street Program and oversees the work of four active committees. Each committee consists of a group of volunteers who attend monthly committee meetings, follow up on assigned tasks, assist with the implementation of action plans and participate in events. To learn more about volunteering on a committee, email Danielle Doll at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Business Development Committee: works to support our existing businesses and recruit new businesses where necessary
- Design Committee: focuses on the downtown streetscape, policy advocacy and long-term planning
- Organization Committee: raises funds as well as recruits and thanks volunteers
- Promotion Committee: promotes and brands Downtown Frederick
Our Year in Review
Each year, the Partnership’s Organization Committee creates an Annual Report to summarize the Partnerships’ accomplishments of the past year as well as to thank our investors. To see the results of FY17 (July 1, 2016 – June 30, 2017), please download our FY17 Annual Report.
Kara Norman, Executive Director | email@example.com
Danielle Doll, Associate Director | firstname.lastname@example.org
Leeann Dickerson, Marketing & Promotion Manager | email@example.com
Cecylia Morrison, Promotion & Events Manager | firstname.lastname@example.org