The Winter Marketing & Events Intern will provide support for Partnership staff during regular office hours, First Saturday events, and other events as scheduling permits – including but not limited to Frosty Friday, December Saturdays, February First Saturday – Fire in Ice, etc.
Intern schedule can be flexible, but should be agreed upon prior to your start date. The Partnership office is open from 8am-5pm, Monday – Friday and this internship is designed to include some on-site events work that will occur during weekend and/or evening hours.Download Full Description Here
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Your work will be varied, as the intern helps to support all members of the Partnership staff. Primary responsibilities will fall under marketing & events.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and be comfortable working with the public, event vendors, and the downtown merchant community.
- Must be comfortable using computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Google, and social media platforms to create event brochures, flyers, press releases, etc.
- Duties may include: General administrative work; Writing press releases; Creating social media content; Helping to maintain the Partnership website and events calendar; Drafting events marketing materials; Working on-site during events; Deliveries and errands throughout Downtown Frederick and surrounding area
- Must have a customer-friendly attitude and enjoy interacting with people on a regular basis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are critical.
- Must have an eye for detail, be well-organized, and possess the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to take direction, yet find solutions to problems independently.
- Must have average or above-average computer skills with a proficiency in Word, Excel, and Google applications. Experience with WordPress is a bonus!
- Must be a team player – during events, must be comfortable working every aspect of the event, from setting up tables and supplies, to answering inquiries from the public, and cleaning up at the end of the night.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Must be willing to work some Saturdays.
The Partnership is willing to work with the intern and a school representative to offer applicable course credit.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants may submit a resume and a cover letter to Jade Dunhour (email@example.com). No phone calls please.
Responses requested by Wednesday, November 3, 2021 at 5PM.
Downtown Frederick Partnership works to enhance, promote and preserve the vitality, livability and diversity of Downtown Frederick, a national Main Street community. Learn more about our organization at downtownfrederick.org.