Frederick, MD, USA
Salary Range: $13.00- $15.00/hour
Job Type: Full Time & Part Time positions available
Schedule: Flexible hours: Mon-Sat
Work Remotely: This job is only available as on-site employment, not a telework position
- Parents who want to work while kids are in school
- College students in need of a flexible schedule
- Anyone who is interested in Full or Part time work with PTO, paid holidays, full comprehensive health/dental insurance
- No coin or jewelry experience required to apply!
Job Responsibilities and Duties: The ideal candidate will
- Serve walk-in and appointment scheduled customers based on their needs
- Maintain store appearance
- Sort, organize or re-package inventory
- Perform all operational procedures accurately, in accordance with existing policies
Qualifications and Skills:
- 1+ year(s) experience in a fast-paced, service environment (e.g., serving, retail) preferred but not required
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- The ability to pass a background check and drug screening*
- High school diploma (or equivalent)
- Computer literacy & ability to write clearly and legibly
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Problem-solving skills & general math skills (ability to use a calculator for basic computation)
- The skill to work and prioritize tasks autonomously
- The ability to adapt to the changing needs of the job
- Reliable transportation**
The Frederick Coin Exchange relies on the efficiency and effectiveness of our retail store and considers our shop to be a well-oiled machine, driven by a customer-centric mentality. We are a locally owned and operated retail store specializing in precious metals with a focus on buying & selling jewelry, coins and bullion. To deliver on our promise to consumers, we count on exceptionally talented, bright, and committed people.
Currently, we’re hiring retail associates to join our team in downtown Frederick, MD. We are seeking detail oriented, task driven individuals to progress and promote within the company. No prior knowledge of coins or jewelry is required but previous work experience in retail or the service industry is preferred.
Do you thrive in a fast paced environment where you can multitask, engage with all types of people, and spend your shift completing various types of tasks? If so, we’d love to meet you!
What it’s like at Frederick Coin Exchange
Surroundings. You’ll be working in a busy retail environment with coworkers and customers coming and going.
Activity. Some activities may require standing or sitting for long periods, walking around, crouching or squatting, and lifting. We provide resources, tools, and safety training for all of the above.
Temperature. Indoor climate controlled environment, usually between 70-75°F
Dress code. Relaxed but professional, we need to make a good impression on anyone who walks through the door. Comfortable, closed-toe shoes are required.
What We Offer Frederick Coin Exchange Employees
A great benefits package to include comprehensive health insurance, paid
holidays, PTO accrual rate based on years of service, bonus & overtime pay, and more. Hourly rate commensurate with experience. We are an equal opportunity employer and military-friendly.
Why You’ll Love it as a Retail Associate
Keeping busy. Lots of different tasks and new skills to learn! Working with
customers in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
A schedule that meets your needs. Depending on your availability and
transferable skills, your daily schedule could be part time (15-29 hours) or full time (30-40 hours).
Extra opportunities. You may be able to pick up some weekend hours, work overtime, participate in incentive programs, win friendly competitions, and receive bonuses to make some extra money!
Job and skill growth. We strive to teach you everything we possibly can about our business so you can acquire new skills and make yourself a vital piece of our team.
Customer interaction. Our employees work not only with each other but with the public! You might go from working on a solo project to collaborating with a teammate to helping a customer one after the other!
We have an immediate need and will take your submission seriously. The successful candidate will be subject to a background check and drug screening during onboarding. Must be able to commute to the Frederick MD area.
Full-time position with benefits