Under the direction of the Volunteer Manager, the Volunteer Support Coordinator will be an essential member of the Development Team and will provide support to the growth and success of the Volunteer program. This individual will facilitate the volunteer needs of all Mission departments through both administrative and hands-on support to this critical component of the Mission’s workforce.
- Support the volunteer base needed to complete critical work in all Mission departments.
- Administer volunteer database for reporting, data, and follow-up purposes.
- Process volunteer applications and conduct interviews, review references, and criminal background checks.
- Manage the Alternative Sentencing Program (ASP) for individuals completing community service hours.
- Assist Volunteer Manager in volunteer relationship management and follow-up execution.
- Assist in planning, administration, and execution of Mission events throughout the year.
- Maintain and update the volunteer orientation process and conduct regular volunteer orientations.
- Staff the front desk when volunteers are short-staffed.
- Assist in front desk problem-solving and question resolution.
- Ensure donated goods are processed appropriately with front desk volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned by the Partnership Development Director and the Volunteer Manager.
Qualities and Skills Needed
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Must agree with Mission’s Statement of Faith, Mission Statement, Core Values, and Goals.
- Committed to the Scriptures in faith and practice.
- A servant’s heart and compassion for those who are lost and hurting.
- Two-year degree preferred, may be substituted by verifiable experience.
- Well organized with time, energy, focus, and tasks. Creative, goal-oriented, and a team player.
- Computer savvy, particularly in Microsoft Office.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Reports to Volunteer Outreach Manager
- FSLA Classification: Non-Exempt
- Pay Classification: Part-time
Interested candidates can email Jasmine Sneed, Partnership Development Director at email@example.com.