Monocacy Hospitality, founded in 2022 with the purchase of Brewer’s Alley, Frederick’s Original Brewpub, is an innovative, growth oriented, and entrepreneurial hospitality group located in Frederick, Maryland. We are seeking growth oriented, energetic, and driven individuals to join our Team as we continuously strive to enrich lives and express excellence through the power of enlightened hospitality.
We currently own Brewer’s Alley restaurant and Monocacy Brewing Company. Our intention is to have several restaurants managed by Monocacy Hospitality.
Interested applicants should contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Who you are:
The Accountant and Office Manager will understand and exemplify the organization’s Mission, Vision, and Values (integrity, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, hospitality). The individual should be growth-oriented and passionate about personal and professional growth. The individual must ensure the business efficiently and accurately achieves financial, payroll, tax, legal, permit, and compliance deliverables. The individual will be considered the financial Co-Pilot to the Owners as well as Entity Leadership/Management. The individual should be task /routine-oriented, well organized, and enthusiastic about creating best-in-class financial and accounting processes utilizing the most modern technology. The individual must be highly engaged and eager to collaborate with the Team to grow the business while achieving best-in-class results.
What you’ll do:
- Ability to produce a high volume of work in a timely manner which is accurate, complete, and of high quality.
- Responsible for all record keeping and respective accounting for restaurants and breweries.
- Responsible for multi-entity accounting in Quickbooks Online.
- Responsible for payroll review, entry, and reconciliation.
- Responsible for ensuring bills are paid in a timely manner while ensuring cash flow is optimized.
- Responsible for period and year-end close including balance sheet and statement of cash flow.
- Responsible for ensuring any and all taxes are filed and paid in a timely, efficient manner. Including but not limited to:
- Sales taxes
- Brewery taxes
- Property taxes
- Real estate taxes
- Annual taxes
- Responsible for all reconciliations including but not limited to:
- Credit card
- Responsible for all payables and related expenses.
- Responsible for reviewing weekly cash flow and sales reconciliation with Owner.
- Will be engaged with capital planning.
- Ability to assist from time to time with events, etc.
- Ability to be actively engaged in the business and capability to partner with entity operators to improve processes.
- Responsible for ensuring inventory accuracy across multiple classes/entities.
What we need from you:
- Experience and/or passion for Accounting and Finance
- Curious intelligence, a great can-do attitude, and motivation to learn and grow with a company
- Must have a thorough understanding of Quickbooks Online.
- Quickbooks Online training certification is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc.)
- Must have thorough systems knowledge and related understanding of IT
- Toast Point of Sale experience is preferred
- Previous restaurant and/or brewery operations or accounting experience
- Accounting Associates Degree or equivalent expertise gained from time on the job and/or pursuing a degree
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time
- English fluency and Spanish preferred, but not required
What you’ll get from us:
- Annual salary of $50,000 – 75,000 plus bonus potential
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Vacation and Sick leave to support you with an active life outside of work
- Dining credit and complimentary meals
- Ongoing support as you acquire additional educational attainments and qualifications.