We are currently hiring for a Sous Chef at our Downtown Frederick location. This position has Friday/Saturday off and is eligible for some great benefits!
The Kitchen at South Mountain Creamery makes it easy to get fresh, locally sourced meals delivered right to your door! From holiday meals to gameday snacks, we’ve got you covered.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Following prep lists for daily orders
- Preparing foods according to standardized recipes
- Accurately assembling and packaging meals for Home Delivery customers
- Determining requirements in ingredients and set proportions
- Work closely with management to ensure operational excellence by effective scheduling, planning and supply ordering
- Maintaining cleanliness of the kitchen
- Safely working with and around kitchen equipment
- Communicating any safety or other issues to management
- Other duties as assigned
The right person has:
- ServSafe Certification
- A passion for local food
- Experience in a commercial kitchen
- A strong understanding of food hygiene and ensure compliance with local regulations
- Excellent customer service, organizational, and time management skills
- Embodies a team-based work ethic; South Mountain Creamery operates as “one team” – we are all in this together.
Work is performed in a commercial kitchen setting; you must be able to work in a fast-paced environment while working safely and efficiently. This position requires the incumbent to remain on their feet all day and lift roughly 40lbs (intermittently) from ground level to waist high using proper lifting techniques.
The schedule for this position is Sunday – Thursday 7am – 3pm position requires weekend availability and may require some overtime
Why work for South Mountain Creamery?
As a family-owned and minded business, we offer competitive wages, opportunities for growth, and a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental and vision options as well as a great 401(k) plan! We look to challenge the status quo while striving for excellence.
SMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Want to learn more about what we do? Please visit our website.
Please reply to this posting to Apply. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.