Part-time (15-20 hrs/wk) hourly position with flexible availability & commitment to work weekdays, weekends, and some holidaysApply Here
Do you love house plants, pups, and interacting with people in an upbeat environment? If so, this may be the perfect position for you!
At Take Root, healthy plants and stellar customer service are what we’re all about. We want our customers to always enter with a warm welcome, and leave with happy, healthy plants, along with the knowledge to keep them thriving. Our customer base is diverse, which is one of the things we love the most about our shop. Knowing that we create a comfortable environment where anyone and everyone can come and enjoy the beauty of house plants is very important to us, and must be equally as important to our team.
As a Shop Associate, you will aid in the day to day tasks of the shop. These tasks include but are not limited too:
- Engaging with a variety of customers as you guide and assist them in choosing the best plant for their environment
- Using our POS system to check out customers and load physical gift cards
- Watering, pruning, and helping to maintain the overall health of the plants
- Keeping the shop clean and organized by sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, and repositioning products as needed
- Helping restock our weekly plant deliveries, pots & planters, and other accessories as they arrive
Candidates must have:
- 1+ years of retail experience
- Knowledge of house plants (preferred)
- Be 18 years or older
- Reliable transportation
- Strong communication skills
- An eye for cleanliness and organization
- The ability to:
- Stand for prolonged periods of time
- Lift 50+ lbs
Take Root is an Equal Opportunity Employer.