First Saturday means all day activities, late-night shopping and dining, live music on the street, and a free trolley to guide your way! During February First Saturday, experience the magic of winter with ice sculptures, live carving demos, fire dancers and an Ice Bar on the Creek.
Whether you’ve lived here for years, or you’re a first time visitor, First Saturdays are a great time to discover something new about Downtown Frederick. Thank you to our partners at Paul Davis Restoration for presenting February First Saturday!
PARKING & TRAVEL
- During February First Saturday, all parking garages will be available for a $6 flat rate beginning at 12pm noon on Saturday, February 1. Bring $6 cash for quick and easy service! Credit cards are accepted.
- Road Closure info: Will be added as it becomes available
Looking for a place to stay? Check out downtown accommodations here. You can also find many great places to stay located outside of Downtown Frederick. Visit the Tourism Council of Frederick County’s website for a full list of hotels, bed & breakfasts, vacation rentals, cabins and camping and check out our special First Saturday rates available at participating hotels!View First Saturday Hotel Rates
FREE SHUTTLE TO DOWNTOWN
Skip the hassle of traffic and parking by taking advantage of our free shuttle service to Downtown Frederick. Please check back for more information.
- Shuttle pick-up and drop-off points will be added closer to the event
- Ice Bar on the Creek | 1-5PM | Carroll Creek Amphitheater | All ages. Free entry. $5 drinks. Must be 21+ with valid ID to drink.
- Ice Walk / Ice Sculptures | 1-9PM | Sculptures are placed throughout Downtown Frederick
- Ice Throne | 1-9PM | Everedy Square Plaza, East & Church St
- Fire Pits & S’mores | start at 1PM, while supplies last
- Live Ice Carving Demonstration | 1-5PM and 5-8PM | location TBD
- Fire Performances by Pyrophoric | 8-9PM | Carroll Creek Amphitheater
While you’re here, take advantage of the free trolley! The trolley runs every 15 minutes from 3pm – 9pm and has five convenient stops throughout downtown. It’s completely free! Just hop on and ride. Download a trolley route map here.
- Little Pottery Shop | 117 N East St
- Delaplaine Arts Center | 40 S Carroll St
- Patrick Street Stop | 33 E Patrick St
- Brewer’s Alley | 124 N Market St
- Bravura Arts and Framing | 428 N Market St
ICE BAR ON THE CREEK (1-5PM)
Ice Bar on the Creek is a family-friendly outdoor beer & wine garden that will be open from 1-5PM. Entry is free and drinks are $5 each. Must be 21+ with a valid ID in order to consume alcohol. Cash and credit cards both accepted.
Sidle up by one of our cozy fire pits, but remember to dress for the weather! Ice Bar on the Creek is completely outdoors and the bar is literally made of ice.
S’MORES STATIONS (start at 1PM, WHILE SUPPLIES LAST)
Stay cozy and warm with free s’mores roasting stations! All stations open at 1pm and will be available while supplies last.
S’MORES ROASTING STATIONS
- Locations TBD
Each month, find artists painting live scenes inspired by Downtown Frederick. Paintings will be on display & available for sale during our First Saturday Art Show in December!
OTHER EVENTS AROUND DOWNTOWN
Downtown businesses each celebrate First Saturday with their own unique events. From in-store tastings and events, to artist and vendor exhibitions or even a downtown scavenger hunt… there’s always something new to explore! Check back closer to the event for more information about this month’s activities.
ICE WALK SCULPTURE LOCATIONS (1-9PM)
Ice sculptures will be on display beginning at 1pm, and will remain on display until 9pm. Each sponsoring business came up with their own unique design, so make sure you walk the entire loop to see all 100+ sculptures!! Locations TBD
For additional information about Downtown Frederick, stop by the First Saturday Kiosk located at the corner of Market Street and Church Street, each First Saturday from 3-9pm.