First Saturday means all day activities, late-night shopping and dining, live music on the street, and a free trolley to guide your way! During February First Saturday, experience the magic of winter with ice sculptures, live carving demos, fire dancers and an Ice Bar on the Creek.
Thank you to our sponsors, Visit Frederick, Frederick County Bank, Audi Frederick, Elliott Marketing Solutions, Elliott CPA and Plamondon Hospitality Partners for making February First Saturday possible!
Whether you’ve lived here for years, or you’re a first time visitor, First Saturdays are a great time to discover something new about Downtown Frederick.
DOWNLOAD FIRST SATURDAY BROCHURE
PARKING & TRAVEL
- Parking in all five public parking garages will be a $5 flat rate for all day parking, starting at 12PM (noon) on Saturday, February 3.
- Plamondon Hospitality Partners will offer a free shuttle from their TownePlace Suites by Marriott (5050 Westview Dr., Frederick, MD) to Downtown Frederick from 2-4PM and 6-8PM. Shuttles are available to hotel guests, as well as non-guests and are offered on a first-come basis. Space may be limited. All shuttles will drop off and pick up passengers at the Patrick Street downtown trolley stop, located at 220 E Patrick St. Shuttles provided by On The Town Limousines.
Looking for a place to stay? Check out downtown accommodations here. You can also find many great places to stay located outside of Downtown Frederick. VIsit the Tourism Council of Frederick County’s website for a full list of hotels, bed & breakfasts, vacation rentals, cabins and camping.
- Plamondon Hospitality Partners is offering a special First Saturday rate at TownePlace Suites by Marriott (5050 Westview Dr). Use the link provided to access rate and additional information. Must book travel by January 30.
- Ice Bar on the Creek | 2-5PM | Carroll Creek Amphitheater | All ages. $5 cover. | Beer by Flying Dog & Brewer’s Alley and wine.
- Ice Walk / Ice Sculptures | 4-9PM | Sculptures are placed throughout Downtown Frederick. Download brochure for a list of all locations.
- Ice Throne / Land of Ice and Fire | 4-9PM | Everedy Square Plaza, East & Church St
- Ice Throne & Margarita Luge | 4-9PM | La Paz, 51 S Market St
- Fire Pits & S’mores | 4PM, while supplies last // The Wine Kitchen on the Creek, 50 Carroll Creek Way // Time Bomb Tattoos and Curiosities, 26 S Market St // Velvet Lounge, 203 N Market St // Citizens Fire Company, 15 E Patrick St // Welcome Home Realty Group, 224 E Patrick St
- Live Ice Carving Demonstration | 5-8PM | Brewer’s Alley, 124 N Market St
- Fire Performances by Pyrophoric | 7-8PM | Carroll Creek Amphitheater
While you’re here, take advantage of the free trolley! The trolley runs every 15 minutes from 3pm – 9pm and has five convenient stops throughout downtown. It’s completely free! Just hop on and ride.
- Pistarro’s | 221 N East St
- Little Pottery Shop | 117 N East St
- Spin the Bottle Wine Company | 220 E Patrick St
- Brewer’s Alley | 121 N Market St
- Bravura Arts and Framing | 428 N Market St
OTHER EVENTS AROUND DOWNTOWN
10am-9pm Everedy Square and Shab Row | East St & Church St
Land of Ice and Fire: GOT-themed event. Fire juggler, digital photobooth, costumed characters, scavenger hunt, trivia, Shewsical DJ & ln10se BBQ.
10am-10pm i made this! pottery studio | 10b N East St
Our fun, warm and friendly studio is great fun for all ages. No experience is necessary. Choose a piece from our big selection and paint it however you like. We will then fire your masterpiece. Open late till 10pm. Food and drinks welcome.
11am-7pm The Little Pottery Shop & Frederick Clay Studio | 117 N East St
Outdoor event featuring ceramics by local artists. Beat the chill and head inside The Frederick Clay Studio to see what our local artists have to offer!
11am-9pm Lebherz Oil & Vinegar Emporium | 214 N Market St
For the first time ever, we are releasing an Early Harvest Lemon Olive Oil! Delicious for baking, and very concentrated, try this tonight before it’s gone!
12pm-2pm The Frederick Freeze Polar Bear Plunge | Carroll Creek Amphitheater
The Frederick Police Department is partnering with the Frederick Freeze Hockey team to host the first ever Frederick Freeze Polar Bear Plunge! All proceeds benefit Special Olympics Maryland. Sign up: www.thefrederickfreeze.com
12pm-8pm Surelocked In Escape Games | 220 N Market St
Free Scavenger Hunt! Fire in Ice—how nice! Stop by Surelocked In to grab a free Clue Sheet and explore the streets of Downtown Frederick during one of the most memorable nights of the year! The Hunt is family-friendly and free, so come and match wits for prizes!
1pm-8pm Artifacts Glass Gallery | 43B S Market St
Live glass blowing on our side patio.
2pm-4pm VINI CULTURE wine bar & cafe | 20 N Market St
Join us for our “4th Birthday” featuring wine expert, Mark Luna, from Roanoke Valley Wine Company, who will be pouring some “HOT” picks that you will “LOVE”! Cheers to 4 years! $5 fee, 21+
2pm-4pm Dancing Bear Toys | 15 E Patrick St
Stop by and make a sparkly icicle craft!
2pm-8pm Pearl Clothing | 230 E Patrick St
Complimentary champagne sips and chocolate make shopping a delight!
3pm-4pm Everedy Square and Shab Row | East St & Church St
Acclaimed artist Deborah Lovelace Richardson will be painting a plein air scene that celebrates First Saturday in Downtown Frederick!
3pm-5pm The Delaplaine Arts Center | 40 S Carroll St
Artist Talk & Artists Reception for Morgan Craig and Sally Veach. Also, Creative Outlet for the kits to create Indian elephants.
3pm-6pm Crisafulli’s Cheese Shop | 8 E 2nd St
Free Winter Wine Tasting! Come in and take a break from the cold. We will be sampling West Whitehall Sweet Mountain Spice, a rich, intense dessert wine with a perfect blend of cloves and cinnamon served warm. 21+ only.
3pm-9pm The Kitchenette | 217 N Market St
Stop by for a free cup of homemade soup (while supplies last).
3pm-9pm Shab Row Tea Emporium | 112 N East St
Join us in our cozy upstairs tea parlor as we sample 6 warming winter teas from all around the world!
4pm-9pm Tenth Ward Distilling Company | 22 S Market St
Join Tenth Ward for our 3rd annual Fire in Ice celebration outside of Federated Charities! Samples and bottles will be for sale from 4-9pm.
4pm-9pm Time Bomb Tattoos & Curiosities | 26 S Market St
Treasure, Tarot & Palmistry. Darren Bu Care will be available for Palm and Taro Readings. Former consultant at Marie Laveau’s House on Bourbon St in New Orleans, Darren has been using Vedic Palmistry with profound results for many years. We will also have fortune cookies with wisdom and prizes inside!
4-9:30pm La Paz Mexican Restaurant | 51 S Market St
Get your picture taken while sitting on the Ice Throne and, for those over 21, enjoy two flavors of the best margarita in town, delivered by our double track Ice Luge.
5pm-8pm Gallery 322 | 322 N Market St
Come in from the cold and warm up as our artists show you our inviting interiors, lush still lifes, bright flowers, and sunny landscapes!
5pm-9pm NOMA Gallery | 437 N Market St
Sky Music: Kesra Hoffman Paintings & Teke Hoffman Photography. Please join us for an Opening Reception in celebration of this wildly talented, father / daughter artist duo and enjoy their sky musings.
5pm-9pm TAG/The Artists Gallery | 216 N Market St
Opening reception for Annual Associates Show, showcasing common threads and points of departure in the art of the 10 TAG Associates.
5pm-9pm The Muse | 19 N Market St
Macrame by Megan Mann, featuring wall hangings uniquely crafted with love, time and exceptional detail.
5pm-9pm Velvet Lounge | 203 N Market St
Fairytales do exist! Sometimes life can just be all about unicorns, glitter, and flowers. Join us for floral painter, Sarah Presnall’s in-store art exhibit and sip on some whimsical bubbly, all while admiring our magical unicorn ice sculpture!
5pm-9pm Potters’ Guild of Frederick | 14 S Market St
See the natural beauty of our wood fired pottery display, “Kissed by Fire” featuring work by accomplished potter Steve Yarnall. He will also be throwing pots on the wheel from 4-8pm. Hot cider & handmade hearts included with purchase while supplies last.
7-9:30pm Weinberg Center for the Arts | 20 W Patrick St
Come laugh with comedians Anita Renfroe and Collin Moulton during the Boys & Girls Club of Frederick County’s 1st Annual Comedy Night!