First Saturday means all day activities, late-night shopping and dining, live music on the street and so much more! During February First Saturday, experience the magic of winter with ice sculptures, live carving demos, fire dancers and an Ice Bar on the Creek.
Whether you’ve lived here for years, or you’re a first time visitor, First Saturdays are a great time to discover something new about Downtown Frederick. Thank you to our partners at FCB Bank and Paul Davis Restoration for presenting February First Saturday, and to Common Market Co-op and Frederick County Office of Economic Development for supporting!
Interactive Event Map bit.ly/eventmap2020
Sign up for free text message updates: text FIREINICE to 888777
This is a free opt-in text messaging service that will provide critical event updates and public information during February First Saturday. You will be automatically unsubscribed after the event.
PARKING & TRAVEL
- Skip the hassle of traffic and parking by taking advantage of our free shuttle service to Downtown Frederick. Free off-site parking is available at the Nymeo Field at Harry Grove Stadium (21 Stadium Dr), with a free shuttle that will transport guests from Harry Grove Stadium to the Frederick Visitors Center (151 S East St) in Downtown Frederick. The off-site shuttle will run between 1-9PM, picking passengers up near the main entrance to the stadium.
- During February First Saturday, all downtown parking garages will be available for a $6 flat rate beginning at 12pm noon on Saturday, February 1. Bring $6 cash for quick and easy service! Credit cards are accepted.
Looking for a place to stay? Stay local with Fairfield by Marriott Frederick’s Fire in Ice Hotel Package. Offering a $69 Special Rate that includes a welcome bag upon check-in with 2 drink tokens to the Ice Bar on the Creek, 15% off coupon to Bella Trattoria Restaurant or Monocacy Brewing Company and a hot chocolate station back at the hotel upon your return. To redeem drink tokens, you must be 21+ and show valid ID upon entrance at the Ice Bar. Fairfield by Marriott Frederick is locally owned and operated by Plamondon Hospitality Partners.Book Your $69 Hotel Rate
RIDESHARE OPTIONS IN DOWNTOWN
If you’re utilizing a rideshare company (like Uber or Lyft) to get to and from Downtown Frederick, there will be several designated loading zones established throughout downtown to help alleviate traffic congestion along the main roads.
Meet your Uber or Lyft driver in one of these convenient designated Rideshare Zones between 1-9PM. Your rideshare app should automatically direct you to the closest pickup zone, or you can find each zone marked on the event map at bit.ly/eventmap2020.
- 327 N Market St (near the Ice Games)
- E 2nd St (just off Market St)
- Council Street (near City Hall)
- 18 E Church St (Winchester Hall parking lot)
- 32-40 E Patrick St (near the Live Ice Carving Demonstration)
- Citizen’s Way (near Carroll Creek)
View an interactive event map online at bit.ly/eventmap2020.
- Ice Bar on the Creek | 1-5PM | Carroll Creek Amphitheater | All ages. Free entry. Craft beverages and food drinks. $5 drinks and food available for purchase. Must be 21+ with valid ID to drink.
- Ice Walk / Ice Sculptures | 1-9PM | Sculptures are placed throughout Downtown Frederick
- Ice Games | 1-9PM | 331 N Market St
- Chill Zone at the Delaplaine | 1-9PM | 40 S Carroll St | Kids craft in Gardiner Hall from 1-5PM / Artist Talk at 2PM / Creative Outlet 3-5PM / Free hot chocolate from 5-9PM / Free short films from 5-9PM
- Ice Thrones | 1-9PM | Three Locations: Carroll Creek @ 46 S Market St, La Paz Mexican Restaurant (51 S Market St), and inside the Ice Games @ 331 N Market St
- Fire Pits & S’mores | start at 1PM, while supplies last
- Live Ice Carving Demonstration | 5-8PM | 44 E Patrick St
- Fire Performances by Pyrophoric | 7-8PM | Carroll Creek Amphitheater
ICE BAR ON THE CREEK (1-5PM)
Ice Bar on the Creek is a family-friendly outdoor beer & wine garden that will be open from 1-5PM in the Carroll Creek Amphitheater. Entry is free and drinks are $5 each. Food trucks onsite. Must be 21+ with a valid ID in order to consume alcohol. Cash and credit cards both accepted.
Sidle up by one of our cozy fire pits, but remember to dress for the weather! Ice Bar on the Creek is completely outdoors and the bar is literally made of ice.
- Participating breweries include: Flying Dog, Brewer’s Alley, Idiom Brewing Co., Smoketown Creekside & Steinhardt Brewing
- Wine provided by: Spin the Bottle Wine Company
- Food Trucks onsite: Boxcar Burgers, Pizza Llama & Wanderly Wagon
S’MORES STATIONS (start at 1PM, WHILE SUPPLIES LAST)
Stay cozy and warm with free s’mores roasting stations! All stations open at 1pm and will be available while supplies last.
S’MORES ROASTING STATIONS
- Gourmet S’mores Bar at the Delaplaine Arts Center (40 S Carroll St)
- Gourmet S’mores Bar at 44 E Patrick St (with FCC Culinary Program)
- Gourmet S’mores Bar at Everedy Square & Shab Row (with Collective Church)
- The Wine Kitchen on the Creek, 50 Carroll Creek Way
- Citizens Truck Company, 15 E Patrick St
- Cowork Frederick, 122 E Patrick St
- United Steam Fire Engine Co. #3, 79 S Market St
- Ice Games, 331 N Market St
HOT CHOCOLATE (WHILE SUPPLIES LAST)
- Woodsboro Bank, 6 W Patrick St (1-9PM)
- ERUCC, 15 W Patrick St (4-9PM)
- Belleza Hair and Nail Studio, 244 E Patrick St (5-9PM)
Find public restroom options at the following locations:
- C. Burr Artz Public Library, 110 E Patrick St (10AM-5PM & 6PM-8PM)
- Frederick Visitor Center, 151 S East St (9AM-9PM)
- Church Street Public Parking Garage, 17 E Church St (12PM-9PM)
- Carroll Creek Public Parking Garage, 44 E Patrick St (12PM-9PM)
- Ice Bar on the Creek, Carroll Creek Amphitheater (1PM-9PM)
- Ice Games, 331 N Market St (1PM-9PM)
- ERUCC, 15 W Church St (4-9PM) – open for families (and all) as a restroom stop with changing facilities for babies available; also serving hot chocolate, coffee and tea
FIRST SATURDAY DINING GUIDE
Downtown Frederick is full of amazing dining options, so you’ll never have to go far to find a great meal! For a complete list of downtown eateries, click here. To help narrow down your choices during February First Saturday, we’ve broken out a few popular dining categories to make group dining easier to navigate. Read more at downtownfrederick.org/blog.Fire in Ice Dining Guide
OTHER EVENTS AROUND DOWNTOWN
Downtown businesses each celebrate First Saturday with their own unique events. From in-store tastings and events, to artist and vendor exhibitions or even a downtown scavenger hunt… there’s always something new to explore!
- Wine Tasting and Special Event Cocktails | 9AM-5PM | Up On Market, 301 N Market St | We are inviting everyone to come in and see what special cocktails, wine, and food we will be offering exclusively for Fire in Ice. We will also have wine & food pairings in the form of small samples packaged affordably so the community can come see what we’re all about. We will have a white wine pairing with made from scratch items to match flavors along with red pairings. There will also be special cocktails made for February 1st, and February 1st ONLY. We will be available to discuss the history of the building and the love behind it! Come out and join us!
- New Logo Release! | 10AM-8PM | National Museum of Civil War Medicine, 48 E Patrick St | Come see our new logo in ice!! Celebrating with extended hours and special bonus discounts throughout the event! Did you know we carry beer, candy, t-shirts, socks, and so much more? As an added bonus, receive a free future admission voucher with your retail purchase. We look forward to seeing you!
- Kissed by Fire | 10AM-9PM | Potters’ Guild of Frederick, 14 S Market St | Stop by to enjoy our featured display of atmospheric fired pottery which includes wood-fired, soda-fired, and raku-fired creations. If you’re looking for a special Valentine’s Day gift or a new favorite mug, you’re sure to find the perfect piece in our large selection of handcrafted items from over 20 local artists.
- Paint Your Own Pottery | 10AM-10PM | i made this! pottery studio, 10-b N East St | Enjoy the warm, relaxing, and friendly studio to paint pottery for yourself or for loved ones. Make it a date night. Open LATE, till 10pm. Food & drinks welcome.
- “Skyscapes” | 11AM-9PM | Eastside Artists’ Gallery, 313 E Patrick St | Opening reception from 5-9PM with acoustic guitar by John Barrick. “Skyscapes” exhibit by local artist Jill Jepsen will be on display for the month of February.
- Fusti Tap: Quince & Pomegranate White Balsamic | 11AM-9PM | Lebherz Oil & Vinegar Emporium, 214 N Market St | Come and try this NEW Quince & Pomegranate White Balsamic while it is here! Sweet and tart- the perfect combo for your Fire In Ice festivities!
- All Day Happy Hour | 11AM-10PM | Black Hog BBQ & Bar, 118 S Market St | Have a winter party at the Hog! All day Happy Hour with great BBQ and housemade desserts.
- Last Call for Tastes of Trickling Springs | 11AM-10PM | North Market Pop Shop, 241 N Market St | We are sampling the last now defunct Trickling Springs creamery ice cream at the Pop Shop.
- FIRE drinks & ICE cream | 11AM-10PM | Hometown Harvest Kitchen, 50 Citizen’s Way, Suite 101 | We will have special FIRE drinks for adults and ICE cream for all to enjoy!
- Wings of Fire Scavenger Hunt | 12-8PM | “The dragonets are coming…” Visit the Everedy Square and Shab Row shops to test your Wings of Fire knowledge and win a 7ft tall inflatable dragon. Questions are posted throughout the neighborhood.
- Kirke Martin M4-Studios | 12-8PM | Brick and Mortar, 29 E Patrick St | Functional and sculptural works in clay. Kirke will be throwing pots on the wheel. Live demonstration.
- “Transitions” | 12-8PM | DISTRICT Arts, 15 N Market St | Jan McIntyre-Creager’s exhibition of oil paintings continues.
- Weapons of Peace | 12-9PM | Artifacts Glass Gallery, 43-B S Market St | Live glass blowing demonstrations all day be Spencer (@rainglasswrx). He will be sculpting liquor and beer bottles into dragons. Free CBD gummy tasting and education. Projected visual art in Citizen’s Way by Ethan (@the_ineffable_arts) after dark. S’mores station and water pipe ice sculpture.
- Third Annual Winter Whiskey Market | 12-9PM | McClintock Distilling, 35 S Carroll St | McClintock Distilling is hosting local artists, artisans and makers to showcase amazing Frederick, made goods for business that don’t have a brick and mortar location. Live music and cocktails all day.
- Downtown Frederick Scavenger Hunt | 1-7PM | Pick up your clue sheet at 5 N Market St and enjoy this fun, free, family-friendly activity!
- Jaybird Jewelry and Gems | 1-8PM | Creme de la Creme, 207 N Market St | Jaybird Jewelry and Gems also wine sampling (while supplies last) and light refreshments.
- Bardic Fire Corner | 1-9PM | Time Bomb Tattoos & Curiosities, 26 S Market St | Billy Bardo, The Bard of Balderdash, will be playing instruments, telling stories, and entertaining us with mystic lore while you warm yourselves by our fires! Intermittent performances throughout the day.
- Goat Soap, Cheese & Truffles Sampling and Sale | 1-9PM | Caprikorn Farms, 25 E Patrick St | We will be offering samples and selling from our line of goat cheeses and goat cheese & chocolate truffles. We will also be selling our goat soaps and dog treats.
- Frozen Party @ FCPL | 2-4PM & 6-8PM | Warm up the family by stopping at Frederick County Public Libraries’ C. Burr Artz Community Room (110 E Patrick St) for a Frozen party from 2-4pm and 6-8pm with Elsa and Anna. Free programming and activities for all ages, including a face painter, ring toss with Sven, pin the nose on Olaf, lantern making, and much more! Indoor restrooms also open to the public.
- Fire in Ice Pipe Cleaner Bracelets | 3-5PM | Dancing Bear Toys, 15 E Patrick St | Will you make a fire bracelet or an ice bracelet? You choose! Open to ages 3-12, supplies limited to the first 50 participants.
- Flux Winners Reception | 3-5PM | AIGA Blue Ridge at Cowork Frederick, 122 E Patrick St | Flux is a nationwide student design competition presented annually by AIGA Blue Ridge. Established in 2007, Flux celebrates the best creative work produced each year by undergraduate and graduate students from across the country. Entries are selected by a jury of leading design professionals and showcased in a gallery exhibition as well as online.
- Cocktail Flights with Federated Charities | 3-9PM | Tenth Ward Distilling Company at Federated Charities, 22 S Market St | Join us for a cocktail samples or cocktail flight!
- Fire in Ice Group Show | 5-9PM | NOMA Gallery, 437 N Market St | NOMA artist respond to the theme Fire and Ice in our February exhibition. Please join us for an opening reception and see what’s hot and what’s cool.
- Opening Reception for “Warm Memories” | 5-9PM | Gallery 322, 322 N Market St | Come in from the cold to enjoy “Warm Memories” with our artists – still lifes, interiors, and winter landscapes – a very special winter group show!
- Turtle Jewelry Designs by Leslie Moore | 5-9PM | The Muse, 19 N Market St | We have Leslie Garner Moore of Turtle Jewelry Designs for Fire In Ice! In addition to her regular line of OOAK pieces, she will have several pieces created exclusively for this event! Meet the artist from 5-9pm!
- Champagne and Chocolate | 5-9PM | Pearl, 127 E Patrick St | Complimentary champagne and chocolates while supplies last.
- The Sip & Shop | 5-9PM | Posh Boutique, 35 N Market St | The ultimate girls night out at Posh!
- Vinyl Acres Annual Pajama Party! | 5-9PM | Vinyl Acres, 25 E Patrick St | Come in wearing your best sleepwear, and get a PJ Party discount! Beer, snacks, goodies! We’ll keep the platters spinning! Street clothes also welcome!
- Wine Tastings | 6-9PM | Rust, 218 N Market St | Complimentary wine tastings while supplies last.
- Let There Be Rock School Live! | 6-11PM | Smoketown Creekside, 400 Sagner Ave | Let There Be Rock School’s adult bands will be showcased live from Smoketown Creekside!
- Luna After Hours ft Silent Old Mtns | 8-10PM | Luna Yoga, 34 S Market St | An intimate evening of live music featuring Silent Old Mtns. All ages, all are welcome!
ICE WALK SCULPTURE LOCATIONS (1-9PM)
Ice sculptures will be on display beginning at 1pm, and will remain on display until 9pm. Each sponsoring business came up with their own unique design, so make sure you walk the entire loop to see all 115+ sculptures!! Stop by the event kiosk at the corner of Church & Market St to pickup a printed list of sculpture locations, or download one here.
|Smoketown Creekside||400 Sagner Ave|
|The Delaplaine Arts Center||40 S Carroll St|
|The TEMPLE; A Paul Mitchell Partner School||22 W Church St|
|Evangelical Reformed United Church of Christ||15 W Church St|
|Cellar Door Restaurant & Lounge||5 E Church St|
|SIX EAST Salon & Spa||6 E Church St|
|Savage Soaps||10 E Church St|
|Frederick Land & Home||53 E Church St|
|Magoo’s Pub||1 W 2nd St|
|Frederick Arts Council||5 E 2nd St|
|sculptures listed in order from west to east, starting at S Court St|
|Hometown Harvest Kitchen|
|La Paz Mexican Restaurant|
|Paul Davis Restoration|
|RoRo’s Mexican Grill|
|The Wine Kitchen on the Creek|
|The Frederick Police Department|
|CARE Veterinary Center Specialty & Emergency Pet Services|
|Edenton Retirement Community|
|Baker Tree Services|
|L.P. Calomeris Realty and Gemini Title & Escrow|
|Olde Mother Brewing|
|Capital Women’s Care, Frederick OB/GYN|
|Chefs Without Restaurants|
|George Mason Mortgage Frederick|
|St. John Regional Catholic School|
|Thermo Fisher Scientific – Community Action Council|
|Days End Farm Horse Rescue|
|Tailwinds Over Frederick Hot Air Balloons|
|FCC’s Hospitality, Culinary & Tourism Institute|
|Law Office of Scott Alan Morrison|
|The Common Market|
|Bach Real Estate|
|Oldetowne Landscape Architects|
|Silver Hawk Farm|
|Frederick Primary Care Associates|
|Turning Point Financial|
|Stumpy’s Hatchet House|
|Flying Dog Brewery|
|DeLeon & Stang, CPAs & Business Advisors|
|Middletown Valley Bank|
|Idiom Brewing Co.|
EVEREDY SQUARE & SHAB ROW
|The Frederick Basket Co||12 N East St|
|The Frederick Coin Exchange||20 N East St|
|Shab Row Tea Emporium / Frederick Coffee Co & Cafe||112 N East St|
|Charlotte’s Cottage Quilt Shop / Primitive Wool and Needleworks||120-122 N East St|
|Black Hog BBQ||118 S Market St|
|Neutre Salon||101 S Market St|
|United Steam Fire Engine Co #3||79 S Market St|
|Artifacts Glass Gallery||43 S Market St|
|Shuckin’ Shack Oyster Bar||41 S Market St|
|Flippin Pizza||36 S Market St|
|Luna Yoga Frederick||34 S Market St|
|Wander Hemp Company||27 S Market St|
|Heritage Frederick||22 S Market St|
|Federated Charities||22 S Market St|
|The Trail House||17 S Market St|
|RE/MAX PLUS||10 S Market St|
|Zebop||9 S Market St|
|FCB Bank||7 N Market St|
|DISTRICT Arts||15 N Market St|
|Hunting Creek Outfitters / The Muse / Molly’s Meanderings||29 N Market St|
|Posh Boutique||35 N Market St|
|Isabellas’s||44 N Market St|
|Starbucks Market Street||104 N Market St|
|Firestone’s Culinary Tavern / Raw Bar / Market||105 N Market St|
|Baltimore Gold of Frederick||110 N Market St|
|Brainstorm Comics and Gaming||117 N Market St|
|Frederick County Office of Economic Development||118 N Market St|
|The Pasta Palette||121 N Market St|
|Brewer’s Alley / Deep Eddy||124 N Market St|
|White Rabbit Gastropub||18 Market Space|
|Taco Daddy Cantina||137 N Market St|
|Record Exchange / Tiara Day / Alicia L||151 N Market St|
|Cakes To Die For||154 N Market St|
|Century 21 Redwood Realty||154 N Market St|
|Edgeworks Knife & Supply||200 N Market St|
|Velvet Lounge||203 N Market St|
|Creme de la Creme||207 N Market St|
|Bushwaller’s||209 N Market St|
|Pretzel and Pizza Creations||210 N Market St|
|VOLT Restaurant||228 N Market St|
|Hippy Chick Hummus||237 N Market St|
|Embark Skate Shop||238 N Market St|
|North Market Pop Shop||241 N Market St|
|The Premier Group of Long and Foster||244 N Market St|
|Up On Market||301 N Market St|
|Olde Towne Tavern||325 N Market St|
|Studio She||433 N Market St|
|Weinberg Center for the Arts||20 W Patrick St|
|Woodsboro Bank||6 W Patrick St|
|Cafe Nola||4 E Patrick St|
|Frederick Health Auxiliary||8 E Patrick St|
|Lazy Fish||10 E Patrick St|
|Ec’clectibles||13 E Patrick St|
|Serendipity Market and More||14 E Patrick St|
|Dancing Bear Toys||15 E Patrick St|
|JoJo’s Restaurant & Tap House||16 E Patrick St|
|Caprikorn Farms / Alice Orzechowski, CPA / THE BODY LAB Massage Therapy / Ladies & Gents Downtown Hair Co. / Vinyl Acres||25 E Patrick St|
|The Spice & Tea Exchange of Frederick||28 E Patrick St|
|National Museum Of Civil War Medicine||48 E Patrick St|
|Tenth Ward Distilling Company||55 E Patrick St|
|Dream House||102 E Patrick St|
|Frederick County Public Libraries & The C. Burr Artz Trust||110 E Patrick St|
|Emporium Antiques||112 E Patrick St|
|Tried and True Barbershop||112 E Patrick St|
|AIGA Blue Ridge||122 E Patrick St|
|Pearl||127 E Patrick St|
|Belleza Hair and Nail Studio||244 E Patrick St|
|Eastside Artists’ Gallery||313 E Patrick St|
For additional information about Downtown Frederick, stop by the First Saturday Kiosk located at the corner of Market Street and Church Street from 1-9pm.