First Saturday means all day activities, late-night shopping and dining, live music on the street, and a free trolley to guide your way! During February First Saturday, experience the magic of winter with ice sculptures, live carving demos, fire dancers and an Ice Bar on the Creek.
Whether you’ve lived here for years, or you’re a first time visitor, First Saturdays are a great time to discover something new about Downtown Frederick. Thank you to our partners at Frederick County Bank, Plamondon Hospitality Partners and Elliott CPA LLC for presenting February First Saturday!
PARKING & TRAVEL
- During February First Saturday, all parking garages will be available for a $5 flat rate beginning at 12pm noon on Saturday, February 2. Bring $5 cash for quick and easy service! Credit cards are accepted.
- Road Closure info: S Market St will be closed to vehicular traffic from All Saints St to Patrick St. The Carroll Creek Garage will be accessible from E Patrick St.
- Download a copy of our February First Saturday Parking & Road Closure Map here.
Looking for a place to stay? Check out downtown accommodations here. You can also find many great places to stay located outside of Downtown Frederick. Visit the Tourism Council of Frederick County’s website for a full list of hotels, bed & breakfasts, vacation rentals, cabins and camping and check out our special First Saturday rates available at participating hotels!
Plamondon Hospitality Partners has created a special $69 / night group rate for Fire in Ice! Book your stay by January 30 and take advantage of this special rate for Saturday, February 2 – Sunday, February 3.
- In addition to an overnight stay at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott, you will receive complimentary shuttle service to and from historic Downtown Frederick for Fire in Ice provided by On the Town Limousines, free admission for 2 to the Ice Bar on Carroll Creek, and 2 drink tokens on Plamondon!
FREE SHUTTLE TO DOWNTOWN
Skip the hassle of traffic and parking by taking advantage of Plamondon Hospitality Partners‘ free shuttle service to Downtown Frederick. The shuttle will leave approximately every 30 minutes from the parking lot of TownePlace Suites by Marriott (5050 Westview Dr., Frederick, MD). Please check with the hotel staff upon arrival for exact departure times.
- Shuttle runs from 2-4PM and again from 6-8PM
- Departs every 30 minutes from TownePlace Suites by Marriott (5050 Westview Dr., Frederick, MD)
- Drops off and picks up riders in the heart of Downtown Frederick (corner of E Patrick & S Carroll Streets)
- Shuttle service provided by On the Town Limousines
- Plamondon Warm-up Station and Shuttle Drop | starting at 12PM | Find ice games, gourmet s’mores and more at the intersection of S Carroll & E Patrick Streets
- Ice Bar on the Creek | 1-5PM | Carroll Creek Amphitheater | All ages. Free entry. $5 drinks.
- Ice Walk / Ice Sculptures | 4-9PM | Sculptures are placed throughout Downtown Frederick.
- Ice Throne | 4-9PM | Everedy Square Plaza, East & Church St
- Ice Throne & Margarita Luge | 4-9PM | La Paz, 51 S Market St
- Fire Pits & S’mores | 4PM, while supplies last // locations to be announced
- Live Ice Carving Demonstration | 5-8PM | Brewer’s Alley, 124 N Market St
- Fire Performances by Pyrophoric | 7-8PM | Carroll Creek Amphitheater
While you’re here, take advantage of the free trolley! The trolley runs every 15 minutes from 3pm – 9pm and has five convenient stops throughout downtown. It’s completely free! Just hop on and ride. Download a trolley route map here.
- Little Pottery Shop | 117 N East St
- Delaplaine Arts Center | 40 S Carroll St
- Patrick Street Stop | 33 E Patrick St
- Brewer’s Alley | 124 N Market St
- Bravura Arts and Framing | 428 N Market St
ICE BAR ON THE CREEK (1-5PM)
Ice Bar on the Creek is a family-friendly outdoor beer & wine garden that will be open from 1-5PM. Entry is free and drinks are $5 each. Must be 21+ with a valid ID in order to consume alcohol. Cash and credit cards both accepted.
This year’s Ice Bar features a food trucks by Mayta’s Peruvian Cuisine & Boxcar Burgers and drinks by Flying Dog Brewery, Brewer’s Alley, Olde Mother Brewing Co., Idiom Brewing Co., House Cat Brewing, Rockwell Brewery and Spin the Bottle Wine Company. Sidle up by one of our cozy fire pits, but remember to dress for the weather! Ice Bar on the Creek is completely outdoors and the bar is literally made of ice.
See your business in ice this year! To learn how to sponsor an ice sculpture, contact Cecylia Morrison at firstname.lastname@example.org.
OTHER EVENTS AROUND DOWNTOWN
Stay tuned! Information on individual businesses’ events will be posted as the event gets closer…