Would you like to earn a great living while making a difference in your community? Do you believe that one great interaction can make someone’s day? We do too! We’re looking for a manager that has a special blend of team management skills, account management skills, and someone who takes pride in their employees and community.
Block by Block is seeking to hire a results proven Operations Manager to provide daily oversight and leadership to a new Clean & Hospitality Ambassador Program in Frederick Maryland. This role will manage a staff of Ambassadors that will be deployed throughout the district at our downtown program. This position includes interfacing with our client to not only manage daily district program operations, but delivering continual program improvements. We’re looking for someone with strong managerial skills, a great work ethic, and someone who understands the importance of creating great downtown experiences.
Specific daily responsibilities of the Operations Manager may include
- Represent the Block by Block Culture and Mission. Coordinate recruitment, selection of candidates, and Onboarding and training of all new Ambassadors (Our Teams are like a work family and the manager is the leader of that work family.)
- Continual adjustments to the deployment of resources to match changing needs. This includes resources of the “human kind.” Basically, redeploying according to daily needs.
- Continual problem identification and solving to improve the quality of the program. Problem solving is a very big part of what our Operation Managers do. We need an innovator to lead our teams in our downtowns.
- Procurement and Inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Reporting outcomes through a variety of reporting channels; (This means our app based SMART system, along with spreadsheets, Kronos Timekeeping, Budgets…you get the idea.)
- Hands-on working management in the field to provide coaching, mentoring, and continuous training on standard policies and procedures
Do Apply If:
You like to have fun and make people smile! We are Customer Service Experts, who engage on a very high level with the general public so we need great personalities to lead our team! Having a positive outlook and a good sense of humor helps.
- You have solid work history and longevity of at least 5 years’ experience with managing at your last employer; we prefer 5 continuous years
- You have supervised a 10+ person team (We always plan for growth!)
- You enjoy working outside in all weather. (Yes, all weather.)
- You are a problem solver. (Remember, we need innovators.)
- You know what Quality Assurance means…This means exceeding client expectations, exceeding the Ambassadors expectations
- You have “a little dirt never hurt anybody” mindset. (Some days you will get dirty!)
- You know how to manage people and work in a team setting. (Team building and creating a culture is very important to us)
- You have a “do what is right” mindset. (Integrity is a must! Trust is a must!)
- You like a varied work schedule. Events will happen in this city. A manager will need to lead the team during event seasons. (Got to zig and zag and make it happen.)
You’ll hate this job if you:
- Tend to be indecisive and have trouble making quick, effective decisions. (We can’t hold your hands. We need strong leadership.)
- If you are inflexible and can’t work outside of a M-F 9-5 position when necessary
- Do not like talking to people or prefer to work alone, because this is not that job. (Our successful managers are community and people lovers!)
- Like to sit at a desk and file papers all day, because this is not that job. (Out in the “field” is · where you will do most of your work!)
- Like to know exactly what your day will be like, because this is not that job. (No telling what you’ll deal with in a day!
Block by Block is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Location: 19 E Church St, Frederick, MD 21701, USA
Benefits: Dental insurance / Employee assistance program / Employee discount / Flexible spending account / Health insurance / Life insurance / Paid time off / Professional development assistance / Referral program / Vision insurance
Pay: $60,000.00 per year
Schedule: 8 hour shift / Weekend availability
License/Certification: Driver’s License (Required)