Downtown Frederick Partnership is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Summer Event Intern to join our team for a 150-hour paid internship program. As an intern, you will assist with the planning and execution of our summer events and activities in Downtown Frederick, specifically First Saturdays.
Successful applicants must be able to commit a total of 150 hours between Monday, May 1, 2023 and Friday, September 1, 2023. Start date can be flexible, but must be on or before Monday, May 15, 2023.
If you will be 21+ years old at the time of the Internship, you may also help with Alive @ Five.Download Full Job Listing
- Assist with the planning and execution of downtown events and activities
- Support the logistics of event planning, including vendor coordination, setup, and breakdown
- Assist with event marketing and promotion, including social media content creation and print materials
- Provide on-site support during events, including managing vendors, coordinating volunteers, and interacting comfortably and knowledgeably with the public and the downtown merchant community
- Conduct research on potential event opportunities and assist in developing event proposals
- Attend meetings and assist with administrative tasks as needed
- Collect and analyze event feedback
- Assist with maintaining the Partnership website and online events calendar
- May include light manual labor for onsite event setup and teardown
- Make deliveries and run errands throughout Downtown Frederick and surrounding area
- Currently enrolled in or recently graduated from a college or university program in event management, marketing, hospitality, or a related field
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize responsibilities
- Experience with event planning and execution preferred
- Independent, proactive, problem-solving initiative as well as ability and willingness to take direction and utilize constructive feedback
- Knowledge of downtown Frederick and its community preferred
- Customer-friendly, flexible attitude and enjoy interacting with people on a regular basis
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Google, Canva, WordPress, Survey Monkey, and social media platforms
- Ability to lift at least 40lbs without straining
- Availability to work all summer First Saturdays
Total budgeted stipend of $1,500 paid in installments over the course of the internship.
If applicable, the Partnership is willing to work with the intern and a school representative to offer applicable course credit.
How to Apply:
To apply, please submit your resume, a cover letter, and any relevant event planning materials (such as a portfolio or sample event plan) to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, April 3, 2023, at 11:59PM.
Downtown Frederick Partnership is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.