The Summer Events Intern will provide support for Partnership staff during the Alive @ Five outdoor happy hour series (5-8PM every Thursday), First Saturdays (first Saturday of every month), and other Partnership events.
Total internship duration is 12-weeks. Successful applicants must be able to commit 30+ hours per week for a 12-week period between Monday, May 2, 2022 and Friday, August 26, 2022. Start date can be flexible, but must be on or before Tuesday, May 31, 2022.
Due to Alive @ Five being a 21+ event, all applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the start of their internship.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Work 30+ hours per week, a significant portion of which will take place during evenings and weekends. Successful applicants will be expected to provide onsite support during a minimum of ten Alive @ Five events and three First Saturdays.
- Serve as support for the Promotion and Events Manager, as well as other Partnership staff, helping to plan and execute Partnership events. Events include (but are not limited to) Alive @ Five, First Saturday, Promotion Committee Meetings, and Merchant Mixers.
- Interact comfortably and knowledgeably with the public, event vendors, and the downtown merchant community throughout the event planning process and during events. Implement various event follow-up tools and methods.
- Utilize programs and software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Google, Canva, WordPress, Survey Monkey, and social media platforms to market and collect feedback on events.
- Duties will include: General administrative work; Creating social media content; Helping to maintain the Partnership website and online events calendar; Light manual labor for onsite event setup and teardown; Electronic and cash transactions; Deliveries and errands throughout Downtown Frederick and surrounding area
- Customer-friendly, flexible attitude and enjoy interacting with people on a regular basis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An eye for detail, highly organized, and capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Independent, proactive, problem-solving initiative as well as ability and willingness to take direction and utilize constructive feedback
- Average or above-average computer skills with a proficiency in Word, Excel, and Google applications. Experience with WordPress is a bonus!
- Familiarity using and posting to multiple social media platforms, specifically Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok
- Collaborative, team player personality – during events, must be comfortable working every aspect of the event, from setting up tables and supplies, to answering inquiries from the public, and cleaning up at the end of the night.
- Ability to lift at least 40lbs without straining
- Willingness and availability to work evenings and weekends
Total budgeted stipend of $2,000 paid in installments over the course of the 12-week internship.
If applicable, the Partnership is willing to work with the intern and a school representative to offer applicable course credit.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants may submit a resume and a cover letter to Jade Dunhour (firstname.lastname@example.org). No phone calls please.
Responses requested by Sunday, April 10, 2022 at 11:59PM.